Can I use a computer to type onto my iPhone?

Aug 18, 2008
A colleague had a question that I hope someone here can answer. Basically, she wants to use her computer keyboard and screen to type texts or emails onto her iPhone, because it is going to be her only line of communication and she has some difficulty using the iPhone keyboard and seeing the tex on the screen.
I know that there are other posts relating to use of the iPhone as a modem for a computer, but she doesn't want to do this, just use the GUI of her computer to access her phone.
Any ideas?
Thanks

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I believe it is not possible. If she just got the iPhone, tell her that it takes some time to get used to the keyboard. It happens to everyone, after some time she will be typing pretty fast.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
A colleague had a question that I hope someone here can answer. Basically, she wants to use her computer keyboard and screen to type texts or emails onto her iPhone, because it is going to be her only line of communication and she has some difficulty using the iPhone keyboard and seeing the tex on the screen.
I know that there are other posts relating to use of the iPhone as a modem for a computer, but she doesn't want to do this, just use the GUI of her computer to access her phone.
Any ideas?
Thanks
She can also make her iPhone Font larger by going to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Minimum Font Size. There she can change the Font size to her liking...Mark

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think i have seen cell phone folding keyboard somewhere before... I know it's not for iPhone...

but I think it would be so great someone make that kind of keyboard for iPhone (that you can stick onto keyboard like one of those iHome alarm clock), and have video out cable to connect to your tv.

that'd be so perfect for travel that you can surf some net at hotel's tv...

sorry~ instead of giving you the answer but just said my "wish" list

Mar 23, 2008
dover,tn
keyboard

I think i have seen cell phone folding keyboard somewhere before... I know it's not for iPhone...

but I think it would be so great someone make that kind of keyboard for iPhone (that you can stick onto keyboard like one of those iHome alarm clock), and have video out cable to connect to your tv.

that'd be so perfect for travel that you can surf some net at hotel's tv...

sorry~ instead of giving you the answer but just said my "wish" list
i had a palm treo that had a fold up keyboard it was great i would just fold up and drop it in my pocket my wish also
black jack 2007