Can I use a normal Bluetooth headset for Audio on 3.0 or 3GS?

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
Can i use my existing bluetooth headset to listen to audio on the 3.0 update or 3GS? Or will I need to buy new bluetooth headphones? also, if i have to get the headphones, will they work as a headset to answer and make calls?

Sorry, i searched everywhere but couldnt find an answer. Thanks!

Jul 23, 2007
Can i use my existing bluetooth headset to listen to audio on the 3.0 update or 3GS? Or will I need to buy new bluetooth headphones? also, if i have to get the headphones, will they work as a headset to answer and make calls?

Sorry, i searched everywhere but couldnt find an answer. Thanks!
+1 I'd like to know this too. I want to listen to music on my jawbone.

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Nope! I have a plantronics and it does not work. I'm running the 3.0 software and also have a Moto S9 Hd that does play music, but that's what it's for.

Jul 23, 2007
Nope! I have a plantronics and it does not work. I'm running the 3.0 software and also have a Moto S9 Hd that does play music, but that's what it's for.
I hope your joking, but I gather your not...

For 2 years I've been using the stock headphones so I can listen to music and answer calls as needed. For 2 years I've been 1 earbud in my pocket, so I can listen to ambient sounds and music at the same time.

I just want to go wireless and mono (1 ear).

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I have been very curious about this as well.

Would love a set of wireless headphones that can also answer calls. Even if it was just a single-ear piece, that would be great.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
man that stinks! guess i will still use my iPhone headphones when listening to music then.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
How's the Moto S9? I'm thinking of buying it. I want to listen to music and answer calls. Does it control pause and fast-forward for the music?

sim

Aug 19, 2008
Rochester, MN
How's the Moto S9? I'm thinking of buying it. I want to listen to music and answer calls. Does it control pause and fast-forward for the music?
My understanding from doing some research the last couple days is that the S9 does NOT control track forward and back. It answers calls and starts and stops music, but doesn't let you skip to the next song. Wish it did. I almost pulled the trigger on a set at Best Buy on impulse but then decided to keep looking for now.

Steve