Can I use an unlocked iPhone on AT&T?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dfunk

Nov 23, 2007
Alright my friend has got a deal for some unlocked iPhones and I want one. Thing is, I have ATT already. He's getting all unlocked because thats all the deal has and I was wondering if I can use an unlocked iPhone and still use ATT. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Yes - Unlocked phones will work on AT&T.

Can't see the point of having an unlocked phone though if you want to use AT&T - By using an official iPhone contract you'll get the EDGE and also visual voicemail; and the nice warm cozy feeling inside of knowing you're helping pay for Apple to develop more nice products.

Plus there's the benefit of being able to update your phone with new software versions, and be able to call on Apple support if need be.

dfunk

Nov 23, 2007
The reason Id get this unlocked iPhone is to save some money. My friend is giving me a deal and he can only get unlocked one. Is there a way to relock it so I can have all those features?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
yes - easy, probably just plug it into your computer and go to iTunes and click - Restore

Depending on how it was unlocked though, your milage may vary! There are tools around that will completely re-virginise the phone if needed.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
revirginize it using installer is the easiest way just add http://i.unlock.no to the sources and you'll have the revirginizing app which will relock your phone and your done.. then plug it to iTunes and restore or you can upgrade to 1.1.2