Can I use BlackBerry SIM card in iPhone 3G?

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
I am upgrading my 3g to 3gs. My wife has a BB curve and is going to take over my 3g. Will I be able to use the bb sim card in the 3g? I know the sim cards are the same size. I need to switch data plans for her but was hoping to accomplish this all online.

Thanks for any info.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Easiest way to find out is to slap her SIM card in your phone and see if it works. I'm pretty sure it won't (I think I remember reading somewhere that the SIM card in the iPhones work with other phones but other phones don't work in the iPhone) but I could be wrong.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
Not sure if this has been asked...and if you can follow me..lol

Since I am adding to a family like..the iPhone i sold ended in 8998..so when they activate the new 3g S, can they swap he 8998 to the new phone or must i set this new phone up, with a new number then switch the sim card over?

thanks

D

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
Thanks for the response. I went ahead and called ATT (only spent 10 seconds on hold before an agent answered...how weird...no waiting). They said my sim will work in the iPhone 3g no problemo and they will call me back Friday pm to switch over her bb data to iPhone. I am keeping fingers crossed.

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
The sim card is programmed, not the phone. Your phone number goes to whatever phone you put your sim card in.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Just remember

GSM = programmed sim card

CDMA = programmed phone
Which is why GSM is a lot better. You can easily switch phones without going to a verizon/sprint store.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Which is why GSM is a lot better. You can easily switch phones without going to a verizon/sprint store.
You don't need to go to a VZW or Sprint store to swap phones.
1. Call in and speak to a rep
2. Call in and do the automated process
3. Online

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
You don't need to go to a VZW or Sprint store to swap phones.
1. Call in and speak to a rep
2. Call in and do the automated process
3. Online
Oops sorry, I haven't had verizon for 7 maybe more years, so I didn't remember that's just how I thought it was. GSM is still easier imo.