Can I use my iPod touch as a phone?

bmw267

Jul 10, 2008
I will like to know if I can use my iPod touch as a phone, some told it possible
to installed the dialer and that i can use to make phone call.

Can some please let me know if it possible.
Thanks,

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
If you could, it would be called an iPhone, not an iPod. :D

But seriously, you cannot make cellular calls as your iPod lacks a cellular radio. You CAN make VOIP calls with the proper software over WiFi.

bmw267

Jul 10, 2008
So what software do I need to do this and do you have the instruction on how to do this?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i'm not sure this is possible - the ipod touch lacks an external speaker and a microphone. i don't think it has the internal hardware to handle incoming audio at all. my guess is no...

fran_lfc

May 8, 2008
I think it's possible with a Mic I saw somewhere... you just plug it, and the audio goes trough the headphones. The soft needed I "fring", and an account on Skype to youse it

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
i'm not sure this is possible - the ipod touch lacks an external speaker and a microphone. i don't think it has the internal hardware to handle incoming audio at all. my guess is no...

Good point. I'm probably wrong in that case.

I'm lovin' me some Macgirl. :D

Zertilux

May 4, 2008
Somewhere over the rainbow
Actually, Mac girl is right, but there are special headsets you could buy to talk into the phone. In the case of not having a phone, there is also something else you could buy for that. So Macgirl, in this case, is I guess wrong. Look it up on youtube, they might give you some names.