Can iPhone 3G be used with encrypted WEP?

Ken313

Aug 2, 2008
....If so, how do you set up the iPhone to do this?

Using a D-Link DI-624 Router, as long as I have WEP encryption disabled, everything works okay. With encryption enabled, the iPhone displays a lock icon in WiFi settings and it naturally can't see the network.

What settings do I need to enter (and where) so that iPhone will work with WiFi encryption enabled?

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
if you mean you have a locked network then you touch the network you want like if it was an unlocked network and the screen changes and you type in your key.

Yyrkoon13

Aug 22, 2008
Use $ in front of your WEP key

Ken-
I read this on iPhone Tips if you still need it. Try putting $ in front of your WEP Key when you enter it on your iPhone. In my case I was trying to use the "password" I made up and it would not work. I then read that putting the $ and then entering your entire WEP Key might work, and it did for me immediately. So if Your WEP was "234ER2A........." as an example. Then you would enter "$234ER2A........." -Good Luck.

....If so, how do you set up the iPhone to do this?

Using a D-Link DI-624 Router, as long as I have WEP encryption disabled, everything works okay. With encryption enabled, the iPhone displays a lock icon in WiFi settings and it naturally can't see the network.

What settings do I need to enter (and where) so that iPhone will work with WiFi encryption enabled?