Can iPod touch or V1 iPhone play Super Monkey

Naudan

Jun 30, 2008
I know that version 3g gets the additional accelerometer in it... so does this mean that we cant play all the new app games coming out for the phone (like the plane games and of course super monkey ball) or will it be possible to play with the older versions, as I don't think the 2.0 update will address this.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
I know that version 3g gets the additional accelerometer in it... so does this mean that we cant play all the new app games coming out for the phone (like the plane games and of course super monkey ball) or will it be possible to play with the older versions, as I don't think the 2.0 update will address this.
You just need 2.0 update which is coming on 11th july, you will be able to play on v1, 3G or iPod touch... as long as you have 2.0 update in your V1 phone you are good:laugh2:. Hope this helps

Naudan

Jun 30, 2008
You just need 2.0 update which is coming on 11th july, you will be able to play on v1, 3G or iPod touch... as long as you have 2.0 update in your V1 phone you are good:laugh2:. Hope this helps

are you sure? I mean what is the point of that extra accelrometer then? I don't know about others, but as my device stands now, it takes some cohercing to get my screen from portrait to landscape. I just didn't know if that 3rd one will be the sensor that makes it all possible..

If not, whats the purpose of the additional sensor?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
are you sure? I mean what is the point of that extra accelrometer then? I don't know about others, but as my device stands now, it takes some cohercing to get my screen from portrait to landscape. I just didn't know if that 3rd one will be the sensor that makes it all possible..

the extra sensor is probably just to make things smoother on the 3G, but i know for a fact all apps and games will work on both generations of the iPhone, maybe not the iPod touch tho

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
The extra sensor is not another accelerometer. It is a sensor to better detect one's face. The same accelerometer that was in the V1 is in the 3G. So just make sure you update to 2.0 and you will be able to download Super MonkeyBall from the App Store on the 11th of July.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle

Yes I am positive, you will be good to go with your iPhone v1 and 2.0 update, and regarding the extra sensor its not accelerometer thats for avoiding the unintentional touch when you bring the phone closer to your face when calling.
v1 has only 1 sensor for that purpose, but iPhone 3G has 2 of those...
BTW... i am gonna get super monkey too i guess:cool: