can not activate edge

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

marcdw

Oct 11, 2007
i happily unlocked my iPhone in Australia and got it working on the vodafone network

to my surprise the phone automatically connected via gprs to retrieve data this worked for a few days a friend begged me to put in his sim card and see if it worked and it did but he did not have data on his account so no edge or gprs was active.

then i put back in my vodafone sim card and the gprs/edge no longer worked.

i have retored re hacked and still cant get this back to working though the phone part works fine still

could somebody explain to me the technology behind this so we may fugure out how the phone gets the data setting from the network?

mertol

Dec 6, 2007
same thing

i happily unlocked my iPhone in Australia and got it working on the vodafone network

to my surprise the phone automatically connected via gprs to retrieve data this worked for a few days a friend begged me to put in his sim card and see if it worked and it did but he did not have data on his account so no edge or gprs was active.

then i put back in my vodafone sim card and the gprs/edge no longer worked.

i have retored re hacked and still cant get this back to working though the phone part works fine still

could somebody explain to me the technology behind this so we may fugure out how the phone gets the data setting from the network?

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Please let me know if you find out a solution. I have tried everything without a success. ( m.ozyoney AT remivac.com)

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i had this problem where my iPhone would say can not activate Edge. I have att i called them and they said it was a network issue and about an hr later it started working then ive been a few places around town where ive seen that pop up but it goes away just something with the network

mertol

Dec 6, 2007
i had this problem where my iPhone would say can not activate Edge. I have att i called them and they said it was a network issue and about an hr later it started working then ive been a few places around town where ive seen that pop up but it goes away just something with the network
It is been ten hours and my friends phone connects via edge without any problem. I think my friends card changed some internal settings which I cann not change manualy.

Still waiting for a solution

mertol

Dec 6, 2007
Ok, I found the solutions. 2 steps and very simple

1) Reset the network settings. Settings->General->Reset
2) reenter your edge settings

this should work
Mertol

CoOoOoL

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
same problemy wi-fi working fine but edge no help i contacted the svc provider they told me the setting and every time i enter the setting my iPhone hangs

I need help with that?
thx