Can not disable Auto-play on Ford Sync. iPhone or Ford issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Target, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I just did a run through the search feature of the eiC and didn't find this issue. It's rather annoying. Every time I get in our car with MicroSoft Sync, the systems connects through media bluetooth and begins playing music. Now I have disabled the "auto-play" feature, but it doesn't' stop it. Even if the radio is off, the iPhone plays music silently. It drains the battery. Yesterday, I noticed it was streaming iTunes Radio.

Anyone see this issue and have suggestions to stop it other than turning off bluetooth?

Thanks in advance.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

4. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks for this. Unfortunately the Auto-play is disabled in the car, plays anyway. Very annoying.

5. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I have not experienced this issue in either of our cars with Ford Sync; both 2014 vehicles. My wife did experience a problem where her iPod would start playing whenever she ended a phone call. This went away with an upgrade to Sync. You should check to see if you're running the latest version.

6. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Something new to learn tomorrow. "How to update Sync..."

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I wish I had sync in my Ford Escape, but it's 2010.

8. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

My Ford is a 2010. Just had the option I guess. I'm really not that impressed.

1) The phone is a bit loud on the other end. I use my jawbone for businesss calls.

2) It never gets voice dialing correct.

3) It's cumbersome to work, however, I'm stilling learn in my way around.

9. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Go to your media settings on your car and change your AUX settings to be line in rather than blue tooth device. That does not affect your Bluetooth connectivity for voice calls but does prevent your device from automatically playing on your device regardless of whether your car audio is on or not.

At least that is what it does in my Ford. I just change AUX to bt device when I want to play music through stereo.

10. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Sync has been available in Ford Escapes since at least 2008 but not all models had/have it.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That is unfortunate. Because of that, I use the AUX port. No biggie, but still.

12. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'll try this. Thanks.

13. Fredrik Lann

Fredrik Lann New Member

I have spent a lot of time trying to solve this problem on my 2011 Ford S-max. I have not solved it but I have found a workaround that I think is better than other suggestions in this thread at least if you want to use your phone to play different audio to the car stereo.

To me it is clear that this is a Ford Sync problem. We have had this problem with a lot of different phones; And the internet is full of threads about it. When you reconnect to your phone with Bluetooth from the car stereo it continuously sends play signals (every second ir so to the phone). Sometimes it’s the other way around it continuously send stop signals…

Unfortunately Ford has ditched their Ford Sync support page. I managed to find at newer version of the Ford Sync software that someone had put on the internet. I managed to upgrade my stereo using an USB-stick. The problem was still there. I believe there is a newer version somewhere since all Ford Sync user does not have this problem…

My ugly workaround: I have installed a music player called Music Folder Player from Google Play. I have created an empty folder where I placed an blank mp3 file (using for example ES filemanager). I went into Settings of Music Folder Player and instructed it to only look for music in my new directory.

If you for example want to connect to the car stereo to listen to a TED talk on your TED app you first start Music Folder Player and start the blank mp3. Then you can connect to the car stereo, start your TED-talk and listen to it without problems.

Unfortunately, if you start another music player like Spotify or the built in music player you won’t be able to stop it unless you first disconnect your phone from Ford Sync Bluetooth. Then you need to start the blank mp3 again Before reconnecting to the car stereo :-<.

#13 Fredrik Lann, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015