Can Somebody Confirm

guesswhatman

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
All I really want is a wifi/ video device....i already have a phone and no need for another one. if i buy the iPhone and cancel the next day, i can keep the phone, but the edge and phone part are dead...but i still have a video/wifi device. can someone confirm this?

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
i think that if you don't have any service plan, nothing will work, not even the ipod part. im not possitive but im pretty sure i read that somewhere.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
only 911 calls will work if you are not on a plan

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I wonder if this is just because the SIM card has all these features disabled....
For example, if you cancelled all this stuff, and then removed the SIM, what would it do? Anyone tried to do anything with the phone, without a SIM inserted?

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Why does everyone keep asking this question? There are lots of touch screen devices that will do this for cheaper, minus the phone.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Why does everyone keep asking this question? There are lots of touch screen devices that will do this for cheaper, minus the phone.
yeah, but it's not the saaaammmmeeee... lol

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I'm hoping that the sequel to the N800 takes some hints from the iPhone in regards to the UI. Right now it's just so boring but it looks like with a makeover it could be really handy. I reckon I can get my Dad to even have the internet installed when he figures out VoIP but if you compare the N800 UI to the iPhone UI, I just think they've made it appear far less intimidating.

When you're at home fiddling with your PC I look at the screen as if it's an opponent, which is part of the fun. But when I'm out on the go I don't have time and I just want it to do as it's told, when it's told. That's why I want an iPhone. I love my current N93 as it does so much but it can be so slow sometimes that I just can't be arsed finishing what I was doing and I just put it away. Sorry, dithering here.