Can someone explain to me what SDK is please?

Nov 26, 2007
SDK stands for "software development kit", from what I have gathered so far it means that when it is released by Apple, we will be able to use 3rd party apps on our iPhone....
Am I right?

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Yup, thats right, it allows every software developer that has it the ability to create programs for the iPhone.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just to add a bit. These apps will probably only be available through iTunes and for a price. Figures of $10-$20 have been kicked around as the likely price range.

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
I've heard if that developer doesn't want their app to be charged it will be free, its really up to the devoloper to set a price.(atleast thats what I think)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I've heard if that developer doesn't want their app to be charged it will be free, its really up to the devoloper to set a price.(atleast thats what I think)
Don't hold your breath.:) Apple is going to get something out of this. Old Steve isn't releasing this code out of the goodness of his heart.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
if your unlocked and j.b like myself and many others will I be able to download these apps ( sdk )or will it brick my iPhone the same way as if I were to update firmware via iTunes?