Can someone make this SIMple for a Newbie?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

emjay2007

Nov 26, 2007
I've read through the forums and quite frankly, am only getting confused. I'm new to the iPhone and am not familiar with terms such as jailbreak, ibrik(?), etc.

This is what I'm hoping to do. I want to stream radio to my phone. I found that iRadio can do this and is installed via App Tap.

I bot my iPhone a week ago, have the latest update (1.1.2 - came with 1.1.1 and I upgraded via iTunes) and most likely, have the most recent iTunes software (don't know if this matters).

These are my questions:
  • Do I need to downgrade to 1.1.1? If so, how do I do this?
  • Where do I find AppTap (assuming this is what I need)?
  • Do I go there on my iPhone and install directly or do I go through iTunes?
  • what do I do to install apps?
  • how safe is this process?
I realize this may be redundant. A link to a manual would work! Maybe this board needs a newbie forum?

Appreciate your help!

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
You'll need to temporarily downgrade to 1.1.1 so that you can jailbreak and install Oktoprep (which prepares your phone for 1.1.2. jailbreak). After you install Oktoprep, upgrade back to 1.1.2 and proceed with the jailbreaking process. Just go here for the instructions:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

As with any modding, you do run the risk of bricking your iPhone. Also, if Apple finds out that you've modded your phone, your warranty will be voided. However, as long as you don't attempt to unlock your phone (which allows you to use your phone with different carriers), jailbreaking is pretty safe...a restore will most always fix any problems you run into.