Can someone recommend a tripod for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad 3' started by KevTN, Jul 21, 2014.

1. KevTN

KevTN Member
    Bronze

I may have unusual request. I could use a tripod or some kind device that can hold my ipad to a fence to video my daughter's softball games so I can edit for scouting video for college. Any suggestions?

Thank you

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I would think that the iPhone might be easier to use for this task. For one, with a good case for protection, you could bungie it to the fence. That's the inexpensive method. Amazon has a number of tripods at different price points. There are tripods for the iPad, but I think the size makes it a bit more difficult to manage -- for this task.

Have you considered the iPhone as your recording device?

I'm afraid I haven't used any myself, so cannot make a recommendation based on experience. I have used the Gorilla pod with a camera, podcast recorder and it works great.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've been thinking a bit about a tripod as well.

4. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

You might want to take a look at
    Ram Mount - www.rammount.com/
    "RAM Mounting Systems is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of rugged mobile mounting applications."

We have them in our cars. They have mounts for iPads as well as phones. Cameras too, if memory serves. Worth a look.
    YMMV

5. KevTN

KevTN Member
    Bronze

Thanks MrMike I didn't think of them. I have some of their stuff on my motorcycle.

Thanks for all the replies!

have a good day everyone.