Can someone recommend a tripod for iPad?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KevTN

Bronze
Jan 16, 2011
I may have unusual request. I could use a tripod or some kind device that can hold my ipad to a fence to video my daughter's softball games so I can edit for scouting video for college. Any suggestions?

Thank you

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I would think that the iPhone might be easier to use for this task. For one, with a good case for protection, you could bungie it to the fence. That's the inexpensive method. Amazon has a number of tripods at different price points. There are tripods for the iPad, but I think the size makes it a bit more difficult to manage -- for this task.

Have you considered the iPhone as your recording device?

I'm afraid I haven't used any myself, so cannot make a recommendation based on experience. I have used the Gorilla pod with a camera, podcast recorder and it works great.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
You might want to take a look at
Ram Mount - www.rammount.com/
"RAM Mounting Systems is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of rugged mobile mounting applications."

We have them in our cars. They have mounts for iPads as well as phones. Cameras too, if memory serves. Worth a look.
YMMV

KevTN

Bronze
Jan 16, 2011
Thanks MrMike I didn't think of them. I have some of their stuff on my motorcycle.

Thanks for all the replies!

have a good day everyone.