Can someone tell me the basics of putting a DVD on my iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Download and install handbrake.
Put The DVD in the computer.
Run Handbrake and Select the dvd player as the source.
Click presets in handbrake and choose ipod/iPhone.
Click start.
When the movie is done ripping, add it to iTunes.
Then sync.

Thats it.

Good Luck!

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Download and install handbrake.
Put The DVD in the computer.
Run Handbrake and Select the dvd player as the source.
Click presets in handbrake and choose ipod/iPhone.
Click start.
When the movie is done ripping, add it to iTunes.
Then sync.

Thats it.

Good Luck!
Thanks! where can I download handbrake? :)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I don't know how small handbrake makes a movie straight from a DVD, but if you have problems, google for a program called DVD Shrink. Use that to rip the DVD to your PC and then use handbrake to format to the iPhone. I have 2 movies on my phone, and together they are about .8 gig.

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
This might be common knowladge to you guy's but I just bought a TV show set of DVD's and I tried the Handbrake thing but they said it's copyrighted. Does this mean I can't download it to my iPhone?

S

Starry

Wow all these post are helpful thanks guys I can't wait to rip my Giants Superbowl DVD that came out Tuesday :)
You had a Typo in that line I fixed it for ya... :) because I love ya man.. ya know ... :)
Wow all these post are helpful thanks guys I can't wait to rip my Cowboys Superbowl DVD that came out Tuesday

:p

S

Starry

Oh YEAH? What.. Jerry gonna sell the team and get a real coach and real players? LOL
I'm kidding.. I love my cowboys... :)

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
If you're running Leopard on your mac, it might have a problem with Handbrake. Many people, including me, have encountered a problem where the computer shuts off 2-5 mins into ripping a DVD, some people said that this is due to the temp of computer but it only seems to happen on Leopard.

machead

Jul 18, 2007
This might be common knowladge to you guy's but I just bought a TV show set of DVD's and I tried the Handbrake thing but they said it's copyrighted. Does this mean I can't download it to my iPhone?

I believe that Handbrake on Windows will not decrypt a commercial DVD and so you have to rip it first and then use Handbrake.

Handbrake on the Mac does decrypt commerical discs.

no1yidmax

Mar 18, 2008
I needed help with this also, I've downloaded dvd shrink and it's currently encoding. What do I do next to get it into handbrake? And the dvd will still work fine in my dvd player right?

no1yidmax

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Once DVD Shrink is finished "backing-up" your DVD, open Handbrake and browse to the folder with your Backup and select it and convert.

no1yidmax

Mar 18, 2008
Ok So i encoded the dvd using dvd shrink, and now I find the source in handbrake and I put the destination file I want, it says encoding has finished about 3 seconds after I click start and no file is found in destination folder?

Whats wrong?

no1yidmax