can splash id (when it comes out) protect your contact list?

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
LIke if i had a phone number i didn't want anyone who played with my phone to see.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
LIke if i had a phone number i didn't want anyone who played with my phone to see.
Yes. If you only stored it within SplashID. I think the iPhone will recognize it as a phone number and you may be able to click on it to directly dial within the application.

You should be able to create a category to help organize your 'secret' phone numbers.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Yes. If you only stored it within SplashID. I think the iPhone will recognize it as a phone number and you may be able to click on it to directly dial within the application.

You should be able to create a category to help organize your 'secret' phone numbers.

aside from entering the PW, will it take a long time to access the contacts list or same amount of time roughly?

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
aside from entering the PW, will it take a long time to access the contacts list or same amount of time roughly?
Other than the password delay. Should be roughly the same. The Palm (and I believe BB) versions remember the last category you were in and have a search feature. If you define your phone number to be a viewable field (once you unlock it), then it should be a 'see and click', 'scroll and click', or 'search and click'. I wouldn't imagine anyone defining the phone number to be a hidden field.

So, to answer your question more directly; I would imagine it to be the same or possibly better as you will probably have fewer of them within SplashID.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
can anymore who has now purchased confirm/deny?

Thanks!

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
I can not confirm that functionality. I can confirm that Splash ID is very buggy. The app has randomly shut down on multiple occasions and appears to be not saving the catagories I set up