Can the iPhone 1.1.2 OTB ever be unlocked

ladybuggy

Jan 4, 2008
Can the iPhone 1.1.2 OTB ever be unlocked... i've had it for a long time and it has been a great paper weight but i want it to be a great phone... i don't know if i trust the turboslim thingys that you can put on the SIM card... i don't want to cut up my SIM but if it's the only way then i don't have a choice...:( please help me...

thanks a lot!

Lava

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Google ZiPhone, download ziPhone 2.5 and plug in your iPhone, launch ziPhone and click do it all if you want to jailbreak and unlock it.

ladybuggy

Jan 4, 2008
"oh yes it can. mine is 112 oob..so your trying to jailbreak it and unlock correct?"

yes please! i've been waiting forever!

can you help me!

ladybuggy

Jan 4, 2008
would anyone recommend using the STEALTHSIM?

Lava

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
I would recommend software unlock, it is free, and almost impossible to brick it. ill even tell you how.

1) Google ziPhone, and download ziPhone 2.5
2) plug in your iPhone
3) Launch ZiPhone, and click do it all, if you want it jailbreak/unlocked
4) Wait for the program to do its thing
5) Use your newly unlocked iPhone

ladybuggy

Jan 4, 2008
i know it might seem that i don't trust you.. it's just that i'm scared!:eek:
is it 100% safe and how many people have done it?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thousands have done it. It is the most popular procedure for unlocking and jailbreaking the iPhone today.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
ColsTiger is right -- ZiPhone is the easiest and most foolproof way I've seen yet to jailbreak and/or unlock the iPhone. Also, Apple has a great option in iTunes to restore the iPhone to factory specifications if you don't like the results. Go ahead - you won't regret it. And you have a host of folks here to help you!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
thanks for the response! :laugh2:
We're always glad to help. IF you have specific questions about the procedure, you can always post them on the iPhone Modifications forum. Those guys are the real experts; I just try to keep up with what's going on. ;)

ladybuggy

Jan 4, 2008
wow.. you guys are the best! i got my iPhone unlocked thanks to all of you.. now it's time for the next step.... hehehe.. i need help again...

could i download games for FREE?!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
you can go to installer and install anything you want for free. Some just offer a free betta with the option of buying the full program but yes. You can download games for free. I would sugets reserching all apps before you install them tho as some of them can be a lil frustrating.

ladybuggy

Jan 4, 2008
I used the installer and I finally have a lot of stuff but for some weird reason the installer icon disappeared and I don't know where it is. I didn't know you can only put so much on the home screen. I didn't know that you can't scroll down. I'm so clueless and technologically stupid.