Can the iPhone display what frequency it's receiving?

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
My signal is marginal at best in my house. I get better coverage upstairs than downstairs, so I've been thinking about a zBoost repeater. There are dual band repeaters that cost $299 but if I could isolate the band I'm on, I could buy a single band tor $199.

I'm currently trying to get an answer from ATT about what frequency they use in my area. The first rep told me what I already know: "we use both 800 and 1900" Me: "I know that, but what do you use in my zip code?" I was transferred a few times and nobody seems to know. Anyone here have an idea?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
My signal is marginal at best in my house. I get better coverage upstairs than downstairs, so I've been thinking about a zBoost repeater. There are dual band repeaters that cost $299 but if I could isolate the band I'm on, I could buy a single band tor $199.

I'm currently trying to get an answer from ATT about what frequency they use in my area. The first rep told me what I already know: "we use both 800 and 1900" Me: "I know that, but what do you use in my zip code?" I was transferred a few times and nobody seems to know. Anyone here have an idea?
Try this discussion for more information. If I was a betting man, I'd say you are probably on the 1900 band. Be sure to check out some of the following posts as well.

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/g...ssion/8376-800-mhz-vs-1900-mhz.html#post67525