Can u TURN OFF PHONE yet still use it on a plane?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dlalla

Jun 18, 2007
I have a simple question...Can you shut off ONLY the PHONE function so that you can use the apps and music player on a plane? Otherwise...it's a useless toy on a long trip. All this useless beauty? Is there anyway to know since nobody actually has one in their possession?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I have a simple question...Can you shut off ONLY the PHONE function so that you can use the apps and music player on a plane? Otherwise...it's a useless toy on a long trip. All this useless beauty? Is there anyway to know since nobody actually has one in their possession?
yes, i suspect it will have airplane mode. most smartphones do.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I would think they would make it with an Airplane mode. Most phones with music playing ability (ROKR, SLVR, V3i) all have this feature.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Welcome! Yep! I think that was covered in the MW keynote. Check it out! :)