Can voice control be turned off on iPhone 3GS?

dezdavis

Apr 11, 2011
Just got a replacement new iPhone 3GS and after 90 minutes or so of playing the iPod on it, the voice control comes on. It continues to come on no matter how many times I cancel it. Then my songs start skipping and playing fast. Then when I try to stop the music it keeps restarting. Anyone else had this issue? Is it a software problem?

Thanks!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That sounds like you have a stuck home button. Take it back.
Wait... Are you using headphone with it? Could be the clicker for the headphones is faulty. That actually sounds more accurate from what you described.
Try clicking the mic on the headphones and see if it's actually clicking or if it seems stuck. If it seems stuck, not sure what to tell you, but it being stuck down is like holding the home button for voice control, as well as a single click hold down for fast forward scrubbing of a song.

dezdavis

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks... I had the Apple store switch my phone out with a new one and the new phone did the same thing. I guessed the problem was my headphones. I bought new ones and haven't had the same problem.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's been a long time ago, but I had the same problem. The mic clicker just gets stuck if you use too much force. But, hey, you got a nice replacement out of the deal.