Can we at least have one thread where we can bash and vent on Android

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You've got to be kidding. I put mine on Craigs List on a Sunday and, after 4 inquiries, sold it on Tuesday for $400. Met the guy at the local Apple Store. Where is the hassle there - for $200 more!
I realize I could have gotten a lot more had I used Craigslist. I just don't like meeting up with strangers. This was quick and easy and as long as it paid for a major chunk of my new iPhone I was okay with that. Maybe next time I will use Craigslist.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just received $200 for my 32 GB iPhone 4 from a company, NextWorth. I know I could have gotten more through eBay or Craigslist, but I just didn't want to go through the hassle of dealing with strangers.
You've got to be kidding. I put mine on Craigs List on a Sunday and, after 4 inquiries, sold it on Tuesday for $400. Met the guy at the local Apple Store. Where is the hassle there - for $200 more!
I sold mine for 300 to a guy who doesn't know what the iPhone is capable of nor does he speak any English.
I just restored mine to 4.3.3 and offered it to my brother for $250 (for his wife who is still using a 3G). He's going to think about it for a few days. I'll put it up on craigslist if he decides not to buy it. I'm sure I can get at least $350. It has every 4.x SHSH backed up in Cydia and it has never been updated to 5.0, which means it's unlockeable with a GEVEY SIM.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Just sold mine on Craigslist while in Utah and more than paid for my 4S. Another good example of the Europa iPhone Cost Reclamation Theory.
Craigslist is definitely your friend. Lol. I buy and sell on there constantly. Anytime I upgrade anything I sell the old on CL and usually it covers the cost of whatever I am buying new

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Have you guys noticed how cheesy and child-like the Android commercials are compared the iPhone? Lasers, robots, sound-effects. It's like their demographic is high school kids. iPhone commercials are classy and straight to the point. Like, here's what it does and what you can do with it. No special effects, robots or lasers.
I don't know....showing Siri and voice to text working all the time, and so fast, I think would qualify as a special effect.

Then again, showing the phone working not plugged into the wall with a dead battery is kind of a special effect too.

:)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Have you guys noticed how cheesy and child-like the Android commercials are compared the iPhone? Lasers, robots, sound-effects. It's like their demographic is high school kids. iPhone commercials are classy and straight to the point. Like, here's what it does and what you can do with it. No special effects, robots or lasers.
Even other company's just focus on one aspect. We have a cool thin that lights up when you get a call. Or look we have dre beats installed. Also gimmicky.

Btw Android is the stem of an Apple. You twist it and twist it till it comes off the you throw it away because it has no use.

Reactions: Hondamaker

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Really? Screen size is your determining factor? I've had a 4.3 and a 4.5 inch screen and couldnt wait to get back to my 3.5 inch iPhone. That's how bad Android is. Funny thing is that I could type way faster on my iPhone than I could any of those big screens.
Completely the opposite, after seeing my wife use the Galaxy S2 for a month we both like it much more the the iPhone. Just the simplest things work better.

I have not found anything that it can't match iOS on.

And the GPS with voice recognition and turn by turn just works stellar. Love the live wallpaper, battery life, screen, camera, widgets, speed, etc.

Really looking forward to having one myself.

We're you on a model from last year?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Completely the opposite, after seeing my wife use the Galaxy S2 for a month we both like it much more the the iPhone. Just the simplest things work better.

I have not found anything that it can't match iOS on.

And the GPS with voice recognition and turn by turn just works stellar. Love the live wallpaper, battery life, screen, camera, widgets, speed, etc.

Really looking forward to having one myself.

We're you on a model from last year?
i agree with you on the gps function the gps on the GS2 just rocks and rocks hard. i use it all the time. i no longer have my garmin due to how great the GS2 gps works. i really do think it's much better than my garmin. turn by turn nav works perfect and is spot on. and i like how you don't have to type in the whole address just start typing and the phone starts offering you suggestions. unlike the garmin were you have to input to whole damm address.