Can we get cash back for Appple store credit?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iBashu

Sep 5, 2007
I want to know if anyone has already tried this. Can you buy a new iPhone and apply the Apple $100 store credit towards the purchase. Then, you decide to refund it within 14 days, unopened. Will we get the total cash back or still divided between the cash and store credit. Please respond. Thanks.

Aug 1, 2007
I want to know if anyone has already tried this. Can you buy a new iPhone and apply the Apple $100 store credit towards the purchase. Then, you decide to refund it within 14 days, unopened. Will we get the total cash back or still divided between the cash and store credit. Please respond. Thanks.
i got 200 dollars back, entering my serial number on there the next day :), but i think it was an error, and i tried it again several times and it didn't work... but it was awesome, i got 2 bluetooth headsets, an armband thing for the gym, and a case for my iPhone :)

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
The $100 Apple Store credit is only available to those who purchased their iPhone prior to August 22. So, if you can go back in time, I think your plan will work.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The $100 Apple Store credit is only available to those who purchased their iPhone prior to August 22. So, if you can go back in time, I think your plan will work.
I think you misread the question.

To answer the original poster's question: I'm sure when you return the new iPhone they'll give you back the $100 in store credit, not cash.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i don't think theres any way to get cash for it... i have a feeling if you buy something with the credit, and return it.. they will return it back int he same form you paid... for example.. if you pay on a credit card, they refun the credit card. if you pay with cash, they refund cash.. if you pay with store credit, they refund store credit

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I was going to get the Apple TV, but it wasn't worth it. So, I sold both of my Credits on Ebay in less 5 minutes (Buy it Now) and purchased a Tivo. Tivo records and transfer to iPod (iPhone) which is better than Apple TV.

Edit Sorry didn't read the first post right, thought he wanted cash back for credit.