can we please get copy paste already!

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
this is one of the highest demands, for such a simple function, why is it such a big deal! please!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Its only as big of a deal as people make it to be ;)

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I'll take a better 3G reception, less lag, quicker installs on apps, less crashing, and more stability in this update then copy and paste. That is just me, copy and paste really is not a big deal to me.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I think they should work out all (or most) of the bugs before they add anymore features, and since that's pretty much what this update did, bring on the copy & paste :laugh2:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Apple wants to make sure that it is implemented correctly before being released so it functions correctly. I mean the phone isn't a computer so we cant just highlight text and ctrl + c

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
Apple wants to make sure that it is implemented correctly before being released so it functions correctly. I mean the phone isn't a computer so we cant just highlight text and ctrl + c
not to start a mobile debate, but Microsoft 5.0, 6.0 and I'm sure 7.0 (will) uses this feature. It is quite convenient but not a necessity. :)

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I'll take a better 3G reception, less lag, quicker installs on apps, less crashing, and more stability
That's my disappointment.... I expected those items when I purchased the phone, not months later.
Tg

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Seriously, this copy n paste BS has to stop. I bet you that if it was included no one would use it as much as they say they would. People always have to have something to ***** about. OMG!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Seriously, this copy n paste BS has to stop. I bet you that if it was included no one would use it as much as they say they would. People always have to have something to ***** about. OMG!
Yes, they do, and they always will. As soon as Copy & Paste is added, the same people will complain about the lack of MMS. That will most likely never be added, so they'll move on to whine about the crappy camera that really takes very good pictures. It goes on, and on, and on.

toyotaisme

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
so cal
they haven't had time to work on the cut and paste because they been busy fixing the bugs.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
So wasn't it Jobs that said they wanted to reach out to the businesss world? I'm sorry but cut/paste is very much a part of the businesss world. I mean even the cheapest of cheap have c/p... they can figure how to shake a device to shuffle songs, have the best voice mail system that I have ever seen, have a keyboard that is cooler than cool, create the best user interface know to man, but they can't figure out a way to incorporate cut/paste... give me a break! Get over it... we need cut and paste!
Tg

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So wasn't it Jobs that said they wanted to reach out to the businesss world? I'm sorry but cut/paste is very much a part of the businesss world. I mean even the cheapest of cheap have c/p... they can figure how to shake a device to shuffle songs, have the best voice mail system that I have ever seen, have a keyboard that is cooler than cool, create the best user interface know to man, but they can't figure out a way to incorporate cut/paste... give me a break! Get over it... we need cut and paste!
Tg
That does not change the fact that the 2.1 update was made to fix all the bugs and other problems with the previous 2.x firmwares, and it did that. You need to be patient.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I agree... I am new to Apple and got sucked into the post that touted c/p. For me it is a very useful function. My bad, I'm learning.
Tg

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Because copy and paste is a Microsoft function.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Such pointless complaints.

The benefits of the iPhone greatly outwiegh the situation of no copy./paste. It will come in time. It really isn't that much of an issue. Seriously.

2.1 did a lot to help me enjoy this iPhone. a lot.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
It is if you are a businesss person that has a lot or repetitive events to type or if you want to cut paste info out of an email. I guess it all depends on what type of user you are. For those of us that like the idea of the iPhone in the businesss world... its a big deal. Jobs did a nice job of luring us away from Blackberry, I am patient and will wait on the tools we need. If Apple truly wants to break into the businesss market then people need to get beyond statements like "its not a big deal" or "quit ***** n". If they don't want to break into our market then Apple just needs to tell us so we can make a decision. I love being on the front end of things and willing to wait and put up with problems, its fun being part of sorting out all the problems.
Tg

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
If you get MagicPad and Twittelator Pro, you can copy/paste to your hearts content! :laugh2:

I wonder when WordPress will be OpenClip compliant?

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
Thanks
I will check into those
Tg

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
It is if you are a businesss person that has a lot or repetitive events to type or if you want to cut paste info out of an email. I guess it all depends on what type of user you are. For those of us that like the idea of the iPhone in the businesss world... its a big deal. Jobs did a nice job of luring us away from Blackberry, I am patient and will wait on the tools we need. If Apple truly wants to break into the businesss market then people need to get beyond statements like "its not a big deal" or "quit ***** n". If they don't want to break into our market then Apple just needs to tell us so we can make a decision. I love being on the front end of things and willing to wait and put up with problems, its fun being part of sorting out all the problems.
Tg
I have always said that if you need a phone for businesss, an iPhone is NOT for you. Blackberry is the way to go for businesss, flat out. The iPhone is more suited for the causal user....which is me. I have a Tablet PC I use for work with a wireless PC card, so I have that coverd (i wish they gave me a blackberry though).

mrarmbar22

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007

I understand what you are saying. I started off with the V1 as a personal phone and had a blackberry as a work phone. However, I feel that you are incorrect about the lack of use.

With that said, as it has been discussed on this forum in the past, the target market for the 3G phone is corporate user. The secondary being the "dumb" phone user looking for an upgrade. Think about it, the ability to push, the corporate discount, and lower subsidized price. These were three things not originally available.

At work I must use a PC (BOOO!) but it is a necessity until I can have true Access running on Mac. My computer at home is Mac (Dual quad with 8 gigs of ram)!

Not everyone is bitching as you say, the iPhone is great but truly has some shortcomings that need to be ironed out. I had believed that a company (Apple) as consumer focussed as they are, would have put this on the priority list when there was only one version. The fact that it has taken this long is ridiculous.

I had talked my IT department into letting me purchase the iPhone 3G on my own dime because I felt they could eventually fill my needs (I knew it wasn't available at the time). Unfortunately, they rushed to the market (Both 3G and 2.0) and the phone has not held up to the Apple standard in my eyes (not tailoring to the professional). I will wait as long as I can but I am afraid that I might have to move onto the Bold in Early October.

In closing, I currently am a marketing professional and an Apple enthusiast. I admire a company like Apple, they have had many wins the last couple of years. They have been true marketing/PR geniuses I just believe they dropped they ball on this and failed to strike when the iron was hot.

Only time will tell, but let me say this. Is it truly the Apple fans mindset to be excited about an update that eliminates bugs? Apple was known for releasing great products with minimal bugs (it just works mindset). Was this the case with 2.0 and on? No, it was a rush to the market. I am an Apple stock holder so it hurts on more than one front.

I do agree with your second point about people needing something to ***** about. Thats the great thing though, many people JB their phone and bitched about 3rd party apps. This caused Apple to pay attention to their end user. I just wish 2.0 would have been clean.