can we please get copy paste already!

mrarmbar22

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
That does not change the fact that the 2.1 update was made to fix all the bugs and other problems with the previous 2.x firmwares, and it did that. You need to be patient.
John,
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you used to work at an Apple store? I have looked through past threads and it seems as if you always defend them (Apple). Did you believe everything they had told you if and when you worked at the store (I.E. 2.02 would have helped us if everything updated)?

As a stock holder I watched Apple lose almost 10 points when the reception issue broke. It should have been corrected before 2.0 came out. Why it is called 2.1 I have no idea. Apple has made it clear that they wish to better penetrate the corporate market. Lacking some necessary features is not the way to go about it.

adlx21

Bronze
Jun 21, 2008
I have always said that if you need a phone for businesss, an iPhone is NOT for you. Blackberry is the way to go for businesss, flat out. The iPhone is more suited for the causal user....which is me. I have a Tablet PC I use for work with a wireless PC card, so I have that coverd (i wish they gave me a blackberry though).
Agreed. this phone is definitely not for businesss use.
And as for copy and paste, this wont come out until the new iPhone comes out, 3rd generation. Once it does, they will sucker in the people who care about copy and paste so much and BAM .... money money MONEYYY

mrarmbar22

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
Agreed. this phone is definitely not for businesss use.
And as for copy and paste, this wont come out until the new iPhone comes out, 3rd generation. Once it does, they will sucker in the people who care about copy and paste so much and BAM .... money money MONEYYY
I agree partially with what your saying. I guess Steve should not have mentioned Enterprise when he first mentioned 2.0. Unless of course, this was his marketing strategy and had planned on backing up the corporate users with the necessary features.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
So just for the sake of discussion, other than c-n-p what makes you guys say this is not a good phone for businesss?
Tg

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yes, they do, and they always will. As soon as Copy & Paste is added, the same people will complain about the lack of MMS. That will most likely never be added, so they'll move on to whine about the crappy camera that really takes very good pictures. It goes on, and on, and on.
Not in my case, Lincoln. MMS and a better camera don't interest me in the least. However, copy & paste would be very useful to me. That is the one feature that would satisfy me.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Not in my case, Lincoln. MMS and a better camera don't interest me in the least. However, copy & paste would be very useful to me. That is the one feature that would satisfy me.
Don't get me wrong, I would love copy & paste too, it just irks me that some people feel the need to whine about non-included features that were never promised or even rumored.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
But isn't whining what gets results? :laugh2: Normally if enough people whine(complain) Apple finally listens.
Tg

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
We've complained about the lack of C&P since the original iday and still no results. I expect this to be a possible selling point for V3.

My view is that I love my V1 iPhone but would be much more productive and happy if it had C&P and A2DP.

Bosco115

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
So just for the sake of discussion, other than c-n-p what makes you guys say this is not a good phone for businesss?
Tg
The ability to create and edit MS Office documents. This is a huge issue. Whether it's solved with a third-party company or an Apple software release, it needs to be addressed. Also, email isn't reliable in the least. Sometimes it's delivered, sometimes it takes a few hours. This needs to be addressed immediately.

Finally, it needs a hardware keyboard. I'm not a businesss user - I use my phone for communication and entertainment. For that, it's by far the best phone on the market, bar-none. However, a soft keyboard is not well-suited for heavy data entry or document editing. Being a casual user, I will take the trade-off of a huge screen with a soft keyboard over a small square screen and a hardware keyboard like a Treo.

However, Apple will realize this is what attracts the businesss crowd to the Blackberry. In V3, Apple will probably create two different iPhones. One will have a slider-keyboard (a tad thicker), and one will look like the current version (thin). Honestly, it only makes sense.