can we stop an SMS from popping up on the screen?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
for example, when we get an sms, it pops up on the screen with a "close" or "reply" option, with part of the message and who it is from as well. is there any way to stop this from happening. the other day i got a rather racy text message from a girl i know and another girl i was out with at the time happened to see it because it popped up on my screen as my phone was sitting on the table. needless to say it wasn't good, but if there is a way to just stop the message from popping up, and instead just have the red bubble saying i have a new text next to my SMS Icon i would much prefer that, this very well could be an easy fix and i am just overlooking it, but any help is appreciated.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
theres no way, sorry :( you could lock your phone to keep others from reading it OR you could turn it off.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
yes this is a retarded situation i might say, this voilates the privacy of the iPhone owner without the persons permission. Its like a voice mail, should everyone hear it when you get it? no! this is probably worse. There is a must for a different option, to completely not get any notifications or to a little pop up on top task bar, or at least just saying txt from who and how many on the main screen. Seeing the whole message is dumb.

chadi

Jun 12, 2008
What I do is put my phone in AirPlane mode around my friends so I can show off it but not have to deal with Text messages, phone calls, etc.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
If you password protect your phone then it won't show the message, unless you are using your phone when you get the text. If the phone is on sleep when you get it, it will just say the person's name that sent you the text without the message.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
^^What he said. Settings > General > Passcode lock > Require Passcode every 4 hours.

If you set it to every 4 hours it will be less of a pain but will help with your SMS issue.

iphonian

Jun 7, 2008
i think its possible with iSMS. i v got its version 1.0 on ma 114 and there is a option in settings menu called "New SMS Preview". and switch it off... i hope its will help u :cool:...
rgds
iphonian

TacoMadre

Sep 3, 2007
I'm not sure how to add the source into installer.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
I'm not sure how to add the source into installer.
open installer, then all the way to the right on the bottom click on sources, then once in that screen click edit (in the upper right hand corner), then click on add (in the upper left hand corner), then type in the source that the guy posted, hit ok, and it will refresh, then go to install and search in all applications for iSMS, click on it and hit install.

how long have you been jailbroken for? just wondering because adding sources is not that complicated.

TacoMadre

Sep 3, 2007
damn I knew it was something simple like that! I've had installer on my phone for a while but I have never used it until now that is.