Can You Believe it was Just Last Week...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dscales

Jun 30, 2007
when we were all scrambling to get this wonderful piece of technological history?

How was your first week as an iPhoner?

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
when we were all scrambling to get this wonderful piece of technological history?

How was your first week as an iPhoner?
My first week was horrible because I came on here and read about how great it was! bahaha.

How was it for the rest of you?

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I just got mine yesterday, so it's been a short week for me. So far the learning curve is really short, much shorter than it was for me with my Q. This thing is very well thought out with regards to the user interface.

Color me pleased!

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I was just thinking that today. I've owned lots of smartphones and I have to say that this is first one that a week later I'm even happier with then when I bought it.

Today I had my first real world "calamari ad" usage. I needed some cards, looked up a place near work with google maps, called them to make sure which side of the road they were on, went there, starting to look a sandwhich place for lunch, answered a call, finished the search and got lunch.

While this would be technically possible with other devices I've had, they are so clunky to do this I would never have bothered.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Not bad, considering I still can't get the phone to appear in iTunes, and I have to use 2 other computers to do my syncing. Other than that I like the phone and haven't really experienced some of the problems that I read about on here.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Got mine on iDay and this has been the best week of my life :)

Mine works flawlessly in every respect.

Just wish people would stop asking me if they can play with it.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
I got mine earlier this morning and I already love this thing. Personally I don't see why people are having a hard time typing I can already type with two thumbs fairly easy. But I think the whole interface is amazing I wouldn't trade it for anything.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Got mine on iday also. I love it sitting hear eating subway surfing the and checking forums and typing this reply. Yes its with the edge also

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I got mine on iday also. I think it is definitely one of the best cell phones ever made. Also, this thing will be amazing when the updates come. Which will hopefully be pretty soon.

I'm not sure if I know how to describe it, but I have never been so involved with a gadget.

For example, I've gone through quite a few cellphones in the last four years. When I get them, it's like pretty cool for the first two days days. I would test it out and try out all the features but after that it's just for talking on the phone. I leave it in my pocket and I only check it when I heard a ring or felt a vibration.

But now, after the first week with the iPhone, my entire day to day experience and habits have changed. The way I surf the internet and listen to music all on one device. I constantly reach into my pocket to use the iPhone or simply just for that reassuring feeling that I get when I know it's still there.

So my point is, I have never used a phone so much in my day to day routines than I have with the iPhone.

It may die over time, but I doubt it. Waiting for the bus to come has been a lot more fun because of it.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Soon we will only be able to imagine what life was like before iPhone.

I too have never had so much fun with a gadget. On my Motorala phone with T-Mobile I did not bother with a data plan because the handset and phone were not ideal for surfing the net. I mostly used text messaging because it was easier though it took forever to compose a message with the traditional keypad. I only had WAP access to the web, which was not all that great, even though I paid $4.99 a month and barely used it. Now, with the iPhone, I can easily check email, watch or listen to podcasts, surf the web, and check and post to various message boards.

Yesterday I used Safari on the iPhone to find out which pizza places were open. Then I was able to use the links to call them directly and then save the numbers to my contacts. This is where the iPhone really shines, IMHO.

Life is good. :laugh2:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Mine's been great since about 10:30 AM Saturday June 30 when I finally got it activated. That first 16 hours with the iPhone was pretty miserable though. Even though I wanted it activated on Friday night, I didn't have any trouble falling asleep after waiting at the front of the line for 11 hours that day.:)

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
My activation and sync was very fast and easy. I hear ya Cols - I was pretty tired myself after waiting in line for 8 hours in very hot weather!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was just thinking that today. I've owned lots of smartphones and I have to say that this is first one that a week later I'm even happier with then when I bought it.

Today I had my first real world "calamari ad" usage. I needed some cards, looked up a place near work with google maps, called them to make sure which side of the road they were on, went there, starting to look a sandwhich place for lunch, answered a call, finished the search and got lunch.

While this would be technically possible with other devices I've had, they are so clunky to do this I would never have bothered.
I've been having a blast "calamari-ing" with my iPhone. It works great.

RTOIPHONE

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I got mine on iday, its been a wonderful week getting to know my iPhone, just like starting a new relationship, except this one wont cheat on me :laugh2:
I got mine on day 1. I was lucky to have one of my staff stand in line. Initial activation was easy. I activated the phone two more times due to WIFI problems. The second activation on day one took about 8 hours. 3rd activation took a few minutes. Voice mail did not work. I called AT & T and they got it fixed in two days. Still working on WIFI. Everything else works great. I would like access to the disc drive like ipod(coming on a software upgrade). I just email my spreadsheet to the iPhone e-mail for now. Purchased music syncs both to iPhone and ipod.The voice clarity is the best on any cell phone since 1983.

Great portable PC. Great for weather and traffic reports on the 405 in Southern Ca. Best new technology in 20 years. Phone and internet access are great. Harder to use when driving compared to other phones. I had my administrator e-mail and look at traffic reports as I drove.