Can you cancel a DF if you also port your number over to At&t?

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Now that I have a few days off, and it seems they have inventory again I was wondering weather I should get in line at Apple insted of waiting. However I have a DF that will probably come the end of this weeks.

Anyhow... is it even possible to cancel my order? Does that cancel my At&t subscription also? I would not want that because then I would lose my current number that we have just ported over from T-Mobile. I have had that number for many years now.

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Pretty sure it has to be done at the store where the DF was placed. But it can and has been done be many people here on this forum.
Thx for the help. We are like 60 away in my store so we will see...

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Some info for those who are interested in canceling their DF and have ported their number from elsewhere.

We had the same numbers for a while so it was important for us to keep them. When you port your number over at the time you place your DF order, you will have a real hard time canceling your DF. Although you cancel, you still show the 2 year contract until that has been removed from your account. Att will do that for you but it may take anywhere from a few hours to 2-3 days before it shows up. While you show under contract, Apple will only sell you an iPhone for the regular price not the discounted $199 or $299.

So your only instant option is to cancel the account and then go and stand in line at an Apple store. Problem is that if you have ported your numbers over already, that number will be gone.

Solution is to not port your number over when you put in for your DF. That way you will have the option to cancel it in case your DF gets screwed up and you wait longer than the rest of the DF customers. (This is not the ase with me anyhow.) You can port your numbers when you pick up your iPhones. On the other hand you will have 2 bills to pay for that period.

I will just wait it out. It seems stores are catching up with demand already so this whole waiting game will be just a memory pretty soon.

i.e. in Wellington, FL when I have called at 8:30AM, they had no line. Zero. They had the black 8GB and 16GB, but not the white in case someone is interested.