Can You Change the background image?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 26, 2007
Ok so i have an ipod touch (iPod touch), does anyone know if i can change the background image on the main menu with out jailbraking or hacking it?

Nov 26, 2007
Oh ok... What do i have to do after the i jailbreak it?
Oh and i was reading on this review about jailbraking and it said after jailbraking fro jailbrakeme.com his battery llife went down is this true? could it happen to me?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Oh and i was reading on this review about jailbraking and it said after jailbraking fro jailbrakeme.com his battery llife went down is this true? could it happen to me?
First need to know what version firmware are you running 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?
Well the more apps you are running, the less battery life you will probably have, but I haven't noticed any significant drop off, haven't heard many others complain either.

Nov 26, 2007
Well i have 1.1.2 how do i downgrade it?

Oh and i was doing some snooping around for some hacks for my Ipod classic and they have some cool Themes for it, that change the look of the icons and battery things, can i do this on my ipod Touch?

This is the link to these ipod classis Hacks: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/323431

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Well i have 1.1.2 how do i downgrade it?

Oh and i was doing some snooping around for some hacks for my Ipod classic and they have some cool Themes for it, that change the look of the icons and battery things, can i do this on my ipod Touch?

This is the link to these ipod classis Hacks: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/323431
Yes you need to downgrade to 1.1.1 - you should be able to find it via google. DL it, then once you are hooked (your touch to iTunes) up in iTunes and it will sync once. Click your "shift key" and hold then the restore button, browse for the file you downloaded, then select it once you get that far let me know the rest is real easy.

Nov 26, 2007
OH worked wonders... and well jailbreaking it is a piece of cake ;)

But could you give me a quick tutorial on how to change the BG?

YellowZx5

Nov 28, 2007
OH worked wonders... and well jailbreaking it is a piece of cake ;)

But could you give me a quick tutorial on how to change the BG?
there is a program called summerboard that you can download from the installer program, after dl the program open and touch themes and you can change then one used. But you can also dl more from the installer if you want more.

I have noticed the battery draining faster but it is my fault for all the apps I have. I am too learning like you, but these are the best forums
on the internet.

I am just amazed how well the touch is, since I wrote this ok the iPod touch.

Nov 26, 2007
Oh thank you so much man... and yes i guess i am a newbie but im working my way upthere... im modding my video ipod 2, its going to be sck, making a custom firware for it!

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Oh thank you so much man... and yes i guess i am a newbie but im working my way upthere... im modding my video ipod 2, its going to be sck, making a custom firware for it!
Glad you guys got it working, you can also try the customize or customizer app,. but I hear its really buggy.

YellowZx5

Nov 28, 2007
I do not know anything about writing my own software, wish I did though. I am great that everything worked out for you too.

Dec 2, 2007
Well, it definitely makes sense for the battery to be used up real quick when you jailbreak your iPod Touch!

WHY?

Because you start installing a lot of Apps and using the iPod Touch more. When it's not jailbreaked it barely has anything and you end up using it less. :D