Can you change the loudness of wav files?

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
I have a couple of cool custom sounds that I put on my phone. One is the sound of the transformers transforming, for when I unlock it, BUT it is really loud, is there any way to adjust the volume, or a program that can do it? I just want to bump it down a few so it isn't so loud.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
here is a free, cross-platform sound editor
easy to use. it'll do the job for you. If you need further help just ask...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
Did you have any luck with the making it softer? I tried to decrease the volume using Audacity before I saw this post, but even after I did, it still seemed way too loud. I thought maybe it was just me and Apple has some sort of default loudness, but maybe not. Let me know if you are successsful as I will try it again.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Did you have any luck with the making it softer? I tried to decrease the volume using Audacity before I saw this post, but even after I did, it still seemed way too loud. I thought maybe it was just me and Apple has some sort of default loudness, but maybe not. Let me know if you are successsful as I will try it again.
Not yet, Ill give it a shot. I just got home from work, thanks to you as well parade, ill give it a shot.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Ok I just used it and put it to -15db and it worked fine. Much better, wont get me in trouble at work hehe. I don't know what settings you did, I just slid the db slider down to a more normal level and its fine. Give it another shot, if not, maybe I can post mine and you can just have it if you want.