Can you change the loudness of wav files?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
I have a couple of cool custom sounds that I put on my phone. One is the sound of the transformers transforming, for when I unlock it, BUT it is really loud, is there any way to adjust the volume, or a program that can do it? I just want to bump it down a few so it isn't so loud.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
here is a free, cross-platform sound editor
easy to use. it'll do the job for you. If you need further help just ask...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
Did you have any luck with the making it softer? I tried to decrease the volume using Audacity before I saw this post, but even after I did, it still seemed way too loud. I thought maybe it was just me and Apple has some sort of default loudness, but maybe not. Let me know if you are successsful as I will try it again.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Did you have any luck with the making it softer? I tried to decrease the volume using Audacity before I saw this post, but even after I did, it still seemed way too loud. I thought maybe it was just me and Apple has some sort of default loudness, but maybe not. Let me know if you are successsful as I will try it again.
Not yet, Ill give it a shot. I just got home from work, thanks to you as well parade, ill give it a shot.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Ok I just used it and put it to -15db and it worked fine. Much better, wont get me in trouble at work hehe. I don't know what settings you did, I just slid the db slider down to a more normal level and its fine. Give it another shot, if not, maybe I can post mine and you can just have it if you want.