Can you delete multiple texts at one time on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
On my iPhone, when using Messages, is it possible to delete multiple texts at a time? Is there an option to delete all?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Ok. Now I have the clear all button on biteSMS also, but I'm not sure if incorporates the one from the stock app, I can't confirm that either, because, once again, I'm on 5.0.1

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Ok. A friend said she has a select all option. So I'm assuming it depends on your firmware you're running.
If you select a text from 1 person you should have the clear all option after tapping edit.
I was also not seeing it, by was trying from the listing of texts, from
Multiple people. Had to select a specific conversation.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I could vouch that this feature exists on iOS 5.1.1.
By tapping the "Edit" button on the top right the "Clear All" button will appear on the top left.

View attachment 23536
Ok now I have this, but all that does is you can delete multiple messages in the same SMS. As far as deleting all your text messages at once, like from different numbers, not sure on that one. I thought that was what the original poster was asking for.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Ok now I have this, but all that does is you can delete multiple messages in the same SMS. As far as deleting all your text messages at once, like from different numbers, not sure on that one. I thought that was what the original poster was asking for.
Why not just swipe left on the main conversation list? As Benny have said, this allows you to delete conversations with different contacts easier.