Can you disable phone number detection in Safari?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ryosaka1

Nov 1, 2007
I've done tons of seaches for this on google, as well as on these forums, so please excuse me if this has come up before...

I really like the feature of the iPhone that allows you to click on any phone number found in a web page to call it, but it seems this feature still has some kinks to work out. Very often as i'm browsing, it takes any link composed of numbers and decides it's a phone number, and won't allow me to follow the link to the right page. A particularly frustrating example would be trying to check banking information, where the link to your account details page is the account number.

Is it possible to disable this feature on any or all of the firmware versions currently out? I know it's possible to disable it from the html on the web page side, but i'm wondering if you can disable it from the phone itself, so that features of the phone to not interfere with the browsing experience.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The only suggestion I can give is to hold your finger on the link till you get a pop-up that tells you where it's going. Also, if it were treated as a phone number, it should still give you the option to call or not, but I am not sure if the option to follow the link immediately comes up or not.

ryosaka1

Nov 1, 2007
thanks for the reply. I already tried the holding my finger down thing, but all it did was give me a pop-up of the number. Also, choosing not to call, just leaves you where you are- no following the link.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
I've had the same problem ... it sucks .. i don't think there is a solution quite yet