Can you get cover art for your own CD's?

Mojosan

Jun 27, 2007
I have a lot of songs from my on CD's on my iPhone. The cover art only shows up as a black cover with a question mark.

Is there any way to import the artwork for these?

(I searched to see if this topic was already covered but didn't come up with anything)

Bschucher

Jun 30, 2007
I have a lot of songs from my on CD's on my iPhone. The cover art only shows up as a black cover with a question mark.

(I searched to see if this topic was already covered but didn't come up with anything)

Have you tried using iTunes to find he album art? If it doesn't find the artwork there is some 3rd party software that should work..

LD3

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
iTunes can find it for you. Right click on the song (you must have the album name). If iTunes does not find it goto wikipedia.com and you can find most all album art. Just copy the image and paste into iTunes.

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
iTunes can find it for you. Right click on the song (you must have the album name). If iTunes does not find it goto wikipedia.com and you can find most all album art. Just copy the image and paste into iTunes.
Can you elaborate on this please...where do I paste these into iTunes

STNLESS

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
album art

I must highly suggest MediaMonkey (windows) for finding artwork... it worked GREAT! Hey, I knew that XP install in parallels would come in handy....

birdman0824

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

All you have to do is find an image on the web of the album cover, open iTunes and click and drag the image into iTunes. Just highlight all the songs you want to add the cover art to, right click, go to get info, then drag the image to "artwork" or album art whatever it says and click the little box and youll have your album art :)

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
I used to use a free program called Clutter. You can probably find it by doing a Google search. Now I just look for the album on Amazon, find an enlarged image of the cover art, and then drag it to the iTunes track.

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
If you are going to use iTunes to look up album art, but sure to have the correct spelling of your Artist and Album. Otherwise, iTunes might not be able to find the album art.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
All you have to do is get your own image in .JPG format..
You can scan it, photograph it, whatever it takes. Just get your picture on the computer, and then open iTunes. With the songs selected that you want to have the image, (under the music folder) drag to the bottom left box in iTunes, where it says "DRAG ALBUM ART HERE".

Biggie

Jun 30, 2007

Exactly what this guy said! Plus when you add a cover album that iTunes doesn't find one for you have to add the pic to every song of that album...