Can you get custom alerts on iPhone without jailbreaking?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
unless you jailbreak (which im not doing). Custom message/mail/calendar alerts. Can it be done?

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Well jailbreaking is not as bad as you think, its what makes the iPhone differnt from other phones IMO. Its easy and can be reversed by just restoring. I have had my previous iPhone replaced before by Apple, i just restored before going to the appointment at the geniusbar.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well jailbreaking is not as bad as you think, its what makes the iPhone differnt from other phones IMO. Its easy and can be reversed by just restoring. I have had my previous iPhone replaced before by Apple, i just restored before going to the appointment at the geniusbar.
There are plenty of things about a regular iPhone that make it different from other phones, my friend.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
so jailbreak isn't a bad thing
It's been, historically, a nearly 100% safe thing to do, but there is always the risk of messing up your phone, requiring a restore. Many don't want to deal with the hassle of tweaking their phone.

I, however, do! I love my jailbreak (it's extremely stable on 1.1.4 ziPhone jailbreak right now), and I very eagerly look forward to the 2.0JB

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I can't wait.....I miss my 5 dice game......