Can you install items from Cydia without Paypal on file?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I jail broke my iPad 2 last night using jailbreak me. I downloaded this one Cydia app today, it was free (is that cracked?) but I don't see it on my iPad. I clicked on install, and then the pop up contuine queuing. Where do they go? Any tips appreciated, I'm not used to this. Thanks.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Any free app you got on Cydia was certainly not cracked. What app was it? Not all packages show up as an app, sometimes they're just a Settings tab or an Activator gesture.

Also, I think you can use an Amazon account to pay, not sure how that works.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Ok, great! Battery info lite was the app.

I don't have any accounts that I can pay with. No paypal, or amazon.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I just installed BatteryInfo Lite and I got an app icon on my springboard. Have you tried respringing or rebooting?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
The Springboard is your home page(s) where your app icons are. After re-reading your original post, "I clicked on install, and then the pop up continue queuing." Were you installing more than one app? I only click "continue queuing" if I'm installing more than one app or tweak at a time. Instead, you should click "confirm" in the upper right corner.

Also, it's possible that particular app is not compatible with iPad.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Ok I got everything figured out.Thanks! Any good free iPad apps? SBSettings was too complicated for me. I didn't get it. Thanks!

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Alas, I don't have an iPad so I have no idea which jb apps are compatible. There might be a thread on it around here. You might install the Winterboard app and try out some of the free themes available in the Cydia "Theme Store".

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
SBSettings is probably the most useful Cydia app. Ever. I swear by it, I hold off from updating to a newer un-jailbreakable firmware because I can't use SBSettings. The thought of not having SBSettings makes me twitch uncontrollably. I would die for SBSettings... too far?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
SBSettings is probably the most useful Cydia app. Ever. I swear by it, I hold off from updating to a newer un-jailbreakable firmware because I can't use SBSettings. The thought of not having SBSettings makes me twitch uncontrollably. I would die for SBSettings... too far?
Like death, deceased, expired= die?