CAN YOU MOVE MUSIC FROM AN iPhone TO A COMPUTER?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JioSan

Jul 20, 2007
I recently switched computers... I had music on my old computer that I had uploaded to my iPhone.

Now that that computers gone, can I move the songs from my iPhone to my new computer?

Hope so, If not... I lose all my music the next time i Sync.

Jiorden

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I recently switched computers... I had music on my old computer that I had uploaded to my iPhone.

Now that that computers gone, can I move the songs from my iPhone to my new computer?

Jiorden
do you have a mac or pc?

either way there are a few utils for each that will let you copy music off an ipod. now.. whether those work for an iPhone, i'm not 100% sure. i've used them in the past for an ipod and they work pretty well. they will copy from the ipod to a computer no problem. Apple doesn't support it, but plenty of people do it via 3rd party utils.

if you google 'copy music from iPhone' or 'from ipod' you'll get a list of various options. i have no specific recommendations on which are better, they all seem to work more-or-less the same.

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
If you have your old computer still you can back up your iTunes or your MP3s before you Sync.

Just drop the MP3s to the new computer and your good to go.

If you don't have access to the old computer the best thing is like above. Google search

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007

Jiorden
on a mac and pc . ipod access . goggle it . works with the iPhone . gets all your music on your iPhone and transfers them to a computer your on . its 20 bucks . there is a trial version to try it out . limited though. the album artwork does not transfer . I found this to be handy when my hard drive recently died on my powerbook .

blacklabel775

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Senuti

Try Senuti if you have a mac (easy to remember, its iTunes backwards). It worked prefectly with my iPod but i have yet to try it with the iPhone. And post the results of your efforts to let us know what works and what doesn't.