Can you play music using the audio out jack and Bluetooth at the same time?

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I plug my iPad into my stereo and stream Pandora. Can I simultaneously use a wireless Bluetooth speaker? Just curious because I would like to be able to stream music to my patio while it is also on inside the house.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Oct 3, 2009
No.

I tried and tried to find a way around this. I wanted to run 2 bluetooth headsets for in the truck on vacation but no go. Then I tried 1 bluetooth headset and a headset plugged in and it didn't work either.

It sucks.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I plug my iPad into my stereo and stream Pandora. Can I simultaneously use a wireless Bluetooth speaker? Just curious because I would like to be able to stream music to my patio while it is also on inside the house.
It's not a Bluetooth setup, but look into some wireless speakers to attach to your stereo. I have a set from RCA that were around $70 for the pair. Transmitter hooks to the stereo and broadcasts whatever signal / setting the stereo is on / playing.

Attachments

Oct 3, 2009
It's not a Bluetooth setup, but look into some wireless speakers to attach to your stereo. I have a set from RCA that were around $70 for the pair. Transmitter hooks to the stereo and broadcasts whatever signal / setting the stereo is on / playing.
That's what I had to do in order to run 2 wireless headsets kinda. I got a wireless headset setup and bought another replacement headset. Worked ok. Just had the box velcrowed to the back of the ipad.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Best you could do on a BB or Android is assign one function to one BT device and another function to another BT device. Eg, BT phone to my headset and BT music to my car deck.

This has long been on my wish list for iOS and given their recent adoption of BT4.0, it really should be natively supported.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Best you could do on a BB or Android is assign one function to one BT device and another function to another BT device. Eg, BT phone to my headset and BT music to my car deck.

This has long been on my wish list for iOS and given their recent adoption of BT4.0, it really should be natively supported.
Do you have an Android phone that has BT 4.0? BT quality on the iPhone 4S is horrible. It's causing audio artifacts that you and the person you are talking to can hear. I was just curious if this is also occurring on Android phones with BT 4.0.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Do you have an Android phone that has BT 4.0? BT quality on the iPhone 4S is horrible. It's causing audio artifacts that you and the person you are talking to can hear. I was just curious if this is also occurring on Android phones with BT 4.0.
Nope. Don't think I've seen an Android with BT 4.0 announced yet.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Thanks! That will accomplish what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Ahem...mine is still working great on the 4S...ahem. LOL

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Even Windows 7 will not allow system-level audio playback on two outputs at once. You must always choose only one at a time. It's ridiculous in this day and age.

But don't bother with bluetooth. BT stereo audio sounds terrible. It may be an iPhone thing or maybe it's my Kensington dock, but I've set it up so I can quickly switch between headphone and BT audio and the difference is night and day. BT audio nearly removes the lowest three octaves (read: no bass) and smashes the snot out of the dynamics. It's like the worst MP3 I've ever heard. No thank you.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ahem...mine is still working great on the 4S...ahem. LOL
Okay, but more than half of the people in my thread are experiencing the same problem that I am. I use Bluetooth for about four hours a day and I can assure you that this is a real problem. Jawbone has been inundated with tech support calls since the day the 4S was released.