Can you play music using the audio out jack and Bluetooth at the same time?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jaydoc1, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

I plug my iPad into my stereo and stream Pandora. Can I simultaneously use a wireless Bluetooth speaker? Just curious because I would like to be able to stream music to my patio while it is also on inside the house.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

2. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

No.

I tried and tried to find a way around this. I wanted to run 2 bluetooth headsets for in the truck on vacation but no go. Then I tried 1 bluetooth headset and a headset plugged in and it didn't work either.

It sucks.

3. justines

justines New Member

Never tried that,But will have a chance to do it then.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

It's not a Bluetooth setup, but look into some wireless speakers to attach to your stereo. I have a set from RCA that were around $70 for the pair. Transmitter hooks to the stereo and broadcasts whatever signal / setting the stereo is on / playing.

Attached Files:

5. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

That's what I had to do in order to run 2 wireless headsets kinda. I got a wireless headset setup and bought another replacement headset. Worked ok. Just had the box velcrowed to the back of the ipad.

6. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Best you could do on a BB or Android is assign one function to one BT device and another function to another BT device. Eg, BT phone to my headset and BT music to my car deck.

This has long been on my wish list for iOS and given their recent adoption of BT4.0, it really should be natively supported.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you have an Android phone that has BT 4.0? BT quality on the iPhone 4S is horrible. It's causing audio artifacts that you and the person you are talking to can hear. I was just curious if this is also occurring on Android phones with BT 4.0.

8. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Nope. Don't think I've seen an Android with BT 4.0 announced yet.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not impressed by it.

10. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I know it was high on your hopes for the iP5 and was disappointed that you had to start the BT bug thread.

11. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Thanks! That will accomplish what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

12. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Ahem...mine is still working great on the 4S...ahem. LOL

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

13. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Even Windows 7 will not allow system-level audio playback on two outputs at once. You must always choose only one at a time. It's ridiculous in this day and age.

But don't bother with bluetooth. BT stereo audio sounds terrible. It may be an iPhone thing or maybe it's my Kensington dock, but I've set it up so I can quickly switch between headphone and BT audio and the difference is night and day. BT audio nearly removes the lowest three octaves (read: no bass) and smashes the snot out of the dynamics. It's like the worst MP3 I've ever heard. No thank you.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay, but more than half of the people in my thread are experiencing the same problem that I am. I use Bluetooth for about four hours a day and I can assure you that this is a real problem. Jawbone has been inundated with tech support calls since the day the 4S was released.