Can you save text messages?

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
I don't know if you can save a whole conversation, but you can take a screen shot of a section of the convo and then send it to your computer and save it there.

You can take a screen shot by holding down the home button and pressing the power button or vice versa, it then saves the image in your photo album.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
PDS- For the way you want it, it can't necessarily be saved and transfered, but it is saved when you back up your phone.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
google mark-space. You can use that program to pull your sms's.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I used that and it just wouldn't work with my phone ya kno with the text being uploaded to system server:sick:
hmm. worked for me?

did you look into the missing sync? That will work.

it may, but it's also $40. maybe some people really care that much, but i for one don't think it's worth $40 to save my text messages. that's all i'd use it for anyway.

longpigs

Dec 22, 2008
use LP to backup SMS and backup whole SMS.db to the computer. :p

Jan 12, 2012
Derby
Hi,
I'm trying to save the text messages from my brother-in-law's iPhone (who recently passed away 2 months ago-so we're finally trying to save as much as we can i.e. his iPhone, computer files etc), but he had enable the 'encrypt iPhone backup' feature on, and none of the apps you've all mentioned work as i need that password. can anyone help me please? please either reply or send an email to rajchumberis@virginmedia.com thanks

Jan 12, 2012
Derby
does the iPhone need to be jailbroken as this isn't. unless I'm looking at the wrong itools? could find a link nd post it? thanks.