Can you surf the web via WiFi when talking on the phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I was under the impression that I'd be able to surf the web via WiFi while talking on the phone. Any time I've tried to do it, Safari looks like it's trying to load the page, but it just keeps churning without loading any data.

Am I wrong about this feature, or is something not working properly?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I was under the impression that I'd be able to surf the web via WiFi while talking on the phone. Any time I've tried to do it, Safari looks like it's trying to load the page, but it just keeps churning without loading any data.

Am I wrong about this feature, or is something not working properly?
you should be able to. Make sure their wasn't the E in the top left corner.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I just got off a 4 minute test call using the headphones and I was able to browse the web via wifi and also use google maps all while talking on the phone.

As E said, make sure you are not actually using the EDGE network.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Well here's an interesting twist...

It appears that you can't surf the web via WiFi when you dial AT&T's customer service number (611). The first time I had trouble connecting via WiFi, I was on hold with AT&T. The only other time I've had connectivity problems, it was the same thing. As soon as that call was over & I got on another one, there was no problem.

I suppose it could be purely concidence, or maybe they have a little trigger in there that disables the web while you're calling at AT&T customer service number. I'd like to see if anyone experiences the same thing.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Seems like I'm still having problems surfing the web via WiFi while I'm on a call. Is anyone else experiencing this? I know I'm connected to WiFi, and the signal is strong.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?