Can you use tiny umbrella to keep an iPhone 4S at a current firmware?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Hi, I am wanting to set my iPhone back to the factory settings, currently on 5.0.1 and jailbroken.
Can I use tiny umbrella to reinstall 5.0.1 after the factory settings?

Cheers

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Hi, I am wanting to set my iPhone back to the factory settings, currently on 5.0.1 and jailbroken.
Can I use tiny umbrella to reinstall 5.0.1 after the factory settings?

Cheers

No...regardless if you have your SHSH blobs saved you cannot reinstall/restore to 5.0.1:(
Only A4 devices and below can restore

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Cheers guys i appricate it, its a real nightmare want to restore and rejailbreak iPhone, as things are not working how i want them to.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It doesn't say anything about him being on 5.1 anywhere in his original post.
Huh? What are you reading?

Be careful giving advice like this when you not 100% certain. The OP could have restored his iPhone and he would have lost his jailbreak for sure.

Michael

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
It doesn't say anything about him being on 5.1 anywhere in his original post.
Your missing my point.... 5.1 is the current signed firmware supplied by APPLE....when the OP tries to restore his iPhone to 5.0.1, iTunes will check with Apples server and deny him this option...Tinyumbrella will not support iPhone4s(A5 devices) to fool iTunes into thinking 5.0.1 is signed and the current firmware... I can restore/reinstall my iPhone4 to any firmware that I have SHSH blobs for..

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Your missing my point.... 5.1 is the current signed firmware supplied by APPLE....when the OP tries to restore his iPhone to 5.0.1, iTunes will check with Apples server and deny him this option...Tinyumbrella will not support iPhone4s(A5 devices) to fool iTunes into thinking 5.0.1 is signed and the current firmware... I can restore/reinstall my iPhone4 to any firmware that I have SHSH blobs for..
Okay, this post makes a lot more sense to me. I had no idea Tinyumbrella does not supports A5 devices at all, regardless of the firmware they're currently on.

So basically speaking, correct me if I'm wrong, OP is SOL, yes? It's either stick with what you got, or upgrade?

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Huh? What are you reading?

Be careful giving advice like this when you not 100% certain. The OP could have restored his iPhone and he would have lost his jailbreak for sure.

Michael
Yeah, my bad. I can see what OP wants to do is to restore 5.0.1 back to factory settings so he can re-jailbreak, and seeing as he was already on 5.0.1, I figured you could just Tinyumbrella it so you can just restore to 5.0.1 while avoiding an update to 5.1, but according to fijiman's post, this doesn't seem to be how it works with A5 devices. I perceived that fijiman thought he was on 5.1, and wanted to downgrade to 5.0.1 which I know is impossible.