Cancel App Download?

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
It seems that there is still no workaround for this...?

I have an app - Dark Nebula 2 - that I started the download on my iPhone 3GS on 3G network, so that I would not forget to download it in iTunes. I did not realize this would render it impossible to get the app...

I downloaded in iTunes and attempted to sync, but it said it could not sync that app.

Apple Support wants me to PAY them to solve this issue. F that! And F them!

Most current iOS. No x in the corner when held down.

Help me out here, guys. :(

shugo

Bronze
Sep 3, 2011
Try loading the app. That should restart the download.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
It cannot be downloaded over 3G...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is the download complete in iTunes on the computer? If so, reboot the phone and sync. If not, download it in iTunes on the computer and sync. If that doesn't work, try deleting it in iTunes on the computer and redownloading it.

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
Yes, it is complete in iTunes. I try soft reboot and hard reboot of the iPhone. No dice.

Seems like a restore may be next... I do NOT want to do that... I will lose a LOT of valuable stuff.

edit: What happened to the x on downloads that came with iOS 4.3 (or was it 4.1.3)?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can you download it over WiFi on the phone then?

I once had an app that was stuck in my download queue and iTunes tech support removed it free of charge. I had Apple Care at the time, though.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you tried launching iTunes and clicking on Store then Check for available downloads...? This does sometimes rectify your particular type of problem.

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
I tried that as well, iPhonewarrior.

The ONLY thing that worked was downloading over WiFi on iPhone. However, our router sometimes decides to reset itself, so we do not always have WiFi, and I do not always have the time to set it up.

Where did this feature go? iOS 4.3 features: Cancel app download/install