Cancelling contract for GoPhone Pick Your Plan

noho_2003

Sep 10, 2007
I bought my iPhone a couple of days ago and I activated it right away with the 2 year contract. Afterwards, I started considering things and reading stuff online... Now I'm thinking about cancelling the contract and moving on to a GoPhone plan, because the idea of being in a 2 year contract really BUGS me. I saw that basically I'd be paying the same money ($39.99 plus $19.99 for Internet), but with less minutes. In reality, I normally use like 200 anytime minutes a month and I never go over 1000 nights and weekends minutes... I asked at one AT&T store and they told me I could do it. Actually, I had a GoPhone plan for like 3 years (2003-2006) and never had any big problem with it.

Should I go for it? Does anyone see any bad aspect I don't? :eek:
I'd still get all the AT&T features, right? (cool voicemail, youtube etc.)

CasualGT

Sep 9, 2007
wouldn't you have to pay a early term fee? i think you should stick it out if you do because it seems like a waste of money and effort.

noho_2003

Sep 10, 2007
No termination fee if I end the contract within 30 days from the start. Also, I know I'd be with AT&T anyway but what if in 6 months everybody will be able to unlock their iPhone or something similar happens? If I'm in a contract, I'm stuck with AT&T, instead if I have Pick Your Plan I can leave AT&T at any time, since there's no contract involved.