Candyshell renew?

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I have no clue why Speck would do this to themselves, as I love the color combo's they have for the Candyshell. However, this is a part of an e-mail I received in response to my inquiry about getting a replacement for my broken candyshell;

Speck said:
Unfortunately the white Candyshell has been discontinued and we will not be receiving any more. New colors will be available by the end of the month. The new color combinations are as follows:

WHITE / LIGHT GREY
BLACK / DARK GREY
PINK / LIGHT PINK
BLUE / DARK BLUE
PURPLE / LIGHT PURPLE

If you send me a picture of the Apple store receipt as well as a picture of the damage and note your color preference, I can have one sent out to you when they become available.

Thanks!
These colors sound a LOT less entertaining than the current colors. Thoughts?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I have no clue why Speck would do this to themselves, as I love the color combo's they have for the Candyshell. However, this is a part of an e-mail I received in response to my inquiry about getting a replacement for my broken candyshell;

These colors sound a LOT less entertaining than the current colors. Thoughts?
Yikes. I have the Cranberry/White color and it definitely goes well with my White iPhone. Those color combinations don't sound too appealing to me...

Blueline29

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis
They sound great to me, personally. I hated the old colors at first, though the white/cranberry grew on me to the point that I bought it. It's been my favorite case so far, and I'm totally looking forward to seeing the new color combos.

And if you check the user comments on Speck's own site, the bulk of the comments were people complaining about the current color combos.

ETA: Looks like the key lime color's gone from the site already.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Actually, I thought their previous colors kinda sucked. The white and cranberry was OK and black and yellow was fine if you like those colors. Otherwise I thought the colors were bizarre. That's why I never got one. I am excited that they are making a change!

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
You can preorder the new cases at wirelessrage.com & they currently have free shipping on them too

Blueline29

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis
Of course, now that I ordered the pink one, the blue one's really lookin' nice to me, too. Damn decisions.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I'm thinking about the purple one but still unsure. What's stopping me is I've seen video of taking off the case & it looks really difficult plus reviews say over time the case starts cracking.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Yikes. I have the Cranberry/White color and it definitely goes well with my White iPhone. Those color combinations don't sound too appealing to me...
Have you had any problems with the cranberry color rubbing off onto the white phone?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Thanks Kaba & Dustu...I think I'm going to go ahead & order one.
Good luck! I'm going to give mine a rest when my Moshi case comes in this week (hopefully today!). I want to try something much, much thinner, though the Moshi won't have the drop protection the CandyShell offers...

Blueline29

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis
The pink one is now available on Speck's site; every other color is still on backorder, apparently. But hopefully that means they'll all be ready to ship soon!

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I ordered the cranberry/white case for $19.99 plus $4.95 for shipping from www.thegreatguys.com If I like it then maybe I'll get another color but I've always liked the white/cranberry color.