Cannot Add Card to Pay

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by RBNetEngr, May 7, 2016.

1. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

My bank began supporting Pay over a month ago. I have been unable to add my debit card to it. I have contacted the bank, as well as Apple, and each one points to the other as being at fault.

I already have one card added, which is also my default payment card to iTunes.

Are there any requirements on the Apple side that require all payment cards to have the same billing address? My bank debit card has a different billing address than my iTunes card/current Pay card does. But that other address is listed as one of my personal addresses in my Contact info, so it is already associated with me.

Any ideas?

-rb

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Have you tried removing them all, then add the card in question first? See if it works then. Then add the other card. I would think if it were the address, Apple would have mentioned it. If it was added recently, it may not have had enough time to go through the bank process. It took mine a long time. I thought it was ready. But it doesn't didn't work. Then a few weeks later I get an email from the bank saying I was good to go.

3. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

Well, before deleting my current 'working card' from Pay I decided to call the bank again. They put me in touch with their mobile payment group, which deals with Pay activations (among other things).

They believe that the reason my debit card can't get added to Pay is because it had a different address than my iTunes account does. My iTunes account uses the same card that was initially added into Pay.

So, I'm going to update the address on my debit card account to match the address in my iTunes account, wait for the bank to update their back office systems (24 hours) and see if that fixes it. It's interesting that I could find nothing written that says billing addresses or account addresses for cards added to Pay need to have the same billing and/or mailing address. I'll post an update.

I DID find a useful and informative document that gives more details about how Pay works behind the scenes to set things up.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203027

-rb

4. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

Update: changing the address on my debit card to match the mailing address of my iTunes account made it work!

-rb

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List