"Cannot connect to Apple app store" WTF?

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I've been getting this pop-up for the past week or so. Anyone else? I did a search and didn't see any other post about it. What's the problem?
Thanks!

Sent from my iCafe using iPhone app

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
None of those options did anything. Tried all of them and went into the app store and first thing I get the same message.
Gotta tell you this pisses me off to no end. To a point where I may bail in the iPhone altogether

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Okay, I was irritated and have calmed down. I'm not leaving the iPhone it's just do great of a phone but this app store thing is very irritating.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
@Terry M. It's definitely a frustrating issue and it has affected tons of people. When you tried the date change, did you go all the way through changing year plus time from AM to PM or vice-versa? I know that last little detail has made the difference for a number of people.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZIANAPPLE

Bronze
Jun 6, 2012
Terry, have you tried to sync iTunes from your desktop or laptop to your idevice then tried to connect to the App Store?

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Terry, have you tried to sync iTunes from your desktop or laptop to your idevice then tried to connect to the App Store?
I have not. So far..... changing the AM/PM along with the date has seemed to work. I'll keep your suggestion in mind also. I'm horrible about syncing to the desktop/laptop.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
So now I'm being afflicted with this on my iPad Mini, but it is ALSO killing my iTunes Match service. Tried all of the fixes on Patrick's blog multiple times, no luck.

I guess I just won't be buying apps, music, or videos until they fix this...