Cannot connect to iTunes store

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I am trying to download an app from my iPhone. I get in the App Store and search for what I want. When I tap to download the app, I have an error message saying "Cannot connect to iTunes store".

It can clearly connect to the iTunes store since I was able to search and browse apps. Yesterday, I downloaded from the iPhone App Store without any problem and now it's not working.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any fix? Oh, yes, I did reset settings and all that stuff.

Thanks

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
The App store might be having some technical problems, i can access the app store as well but under the top 25 tab for paid and free apps it does not connect, im just gonna wait a few hours to see if it resolves itself.

Sep 14, 2008
My problem is today when i oppend app store on my iPhone 3g and when i goto the top 25 paid / free page it doesnot open its completely blank. As of the other pages its totally fine.

At times one of these pages ie, the top paid or top free page opens. Strange, has anyone experiencing this problem. Please let me know. THANK u!

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Well, I', sorry to say that but I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one having issues with the app store.

Are you able to install any app?

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I am having the same issues. Also, on iTunes on my Mac, I am missing some of the boxes with special interest items. The home page of the iTunes Store is missing a lot of stuff.

NHenry5

Bronze
Jun 19, 2009
I'm trying to update my apps on my iPhone and I keep getting the message "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I haven't been able to connect to update anything since I got the phone in July. And yes I am on wifi. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sep 24, 2009
USA
I had been able to update my apps just fine up until the beginning of the month or so. I click "Update All" and get the message, I click to update individually and get the message. I can download new apps just fine, I just can't update. I'm soo tired of seeing that I have 6 apps waiting to be updated.

Also, when I load iTunes, I get a message about 'not enough memory' and that the problem was through iTunes.

It seems that the number changes between 5 - 7 updates available. I guess a few go through every now and then (HUGE GUESS) but most of the time it cannot connect.

I've tried it while connected to wifi, while connected to the laptop via wifi, and stand alone. Nothing is working. :/

I've found other people stating the same issue -- no resolution:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/cant-connect-to-itunes-store.46566/

Last edited by a moderator:

NHenry5

Bronze
Jun 19, 2009
what i ending up doing was delete all the apps that wouldn't update and then reinstalled them. seems to work fine now *keeps fingers crossed*

Sep 24, 2009
USA
what i ending up doing was delete all the apps that wouldn't update and then reinstalled them. seems to work fine now *keeps fingers crossed*
Exactly what I just did. lol I logged on to post that it was my temporary solution.