Cannot delete Application!

Lily1245

Jul 27, 2012
can someone please help me?
I am using an iPhone 3 version 5.1.1 jailbroken
I downloaded an app from cydia called lockdown. Now I know that is isn't compatible with my version.
The problem is I can't delete it. Every time I try to open an app it crashes springboard and starts safe mode.
The little "x" won't show when I try to delete and I don't know what to do :(
Please help me!

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
No red X's (as with stock ios) for Cydia apps to delete from springboard.
You need to go into Cydia, choose Manage at the bottom, select packages, then the app u want to get rid of.
It will give u the option to modify in the upper right. Select that, then remove, confirm, and your done!

AZIANAPPLE

Bronze
Jun 6, 2012
can someone please help me?
I am using an iPhone 3 version 5.1.1 jailbroken
I downloaded an app from cydia called lockdown. Now I know that is isn't compatible with my version.
The problem is I can't delete it. Every time I try to open an app it crashes springboard and starts safe mode.
The little "x" won't show when I try to delete and I don't know what to do :(
Please help me!
This may be an old thread but did you fix your problem?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
some apps you can't delete like the newstand for example. i have tried to get rid of it but i can't the best i can do is hide it. but since i can't get rid of it. i guess i'll just have to say it's Apple bloatware.

si7lib

Nov 3, 2012
i deleted all the apps i downloaded as well as cydia from within cydia on my ipad2 but forgot to delete one app (cydelete) and now i cannot restore or even update it through the ipad or iTunes and its causing me a lot of trouble. somebody please help

si7lib

Nov 3, 2012
i deleted all the apps i downloaded as well as cydia from within cydia on my ipad2 but forgot to delete one app (cydelete) and now i cannot restore or even update it through the ipad or iTunes and its causing me a lot of trouble. somebody please help