Cannot download Modmyi apps in Cydia...

Apple fan

May 31, 2010
Lutz, FL
I am unable to download apps that are developed by modmyi. 80% the good cydia apps are made by modmyi. it gives me the message of "cannot reach host server". I just mustered enogh courage to jailbreak and i cant get the apps that I want. By the way, how would i purchase cydia apps that cost money?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
what is SSH? I jailbroke yesterday and i don't know how i would "SSH"? What is autoinstall file?
sorry for n00bie questions
SSH is something which allows you to gain root access to the phone. You can edit core files from either a desktop client or from the phone itself.

The AutoInstall folder is something which you as a user create, then you drag and drop .deb files into it, then you reboot the iDevice and it'll install.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
MakeItMine is an application, it'll show up as an icon on the SpringBoard. You can use iPhoneBrower, Cyberduck, WinSCP, iPhone Explorer and many more.

You may have to create the AutoInstall folder. Do you know where to make the folder and where to put it?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If you don't know, it's located here: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/

If the AutoInstall folder isn't there, create it within the Cydia folder, located here: /var/root/Media/Cydia/

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The MMi repo is back up. Check it for yourself! Below is a tweet made by MMi. I've tested the repo by downloading a package, everything worked perfectly :)