cannot get 8.2 to install on XP or VISTA

jeyhun77

Jun 19, 2009
Has anyone attempted to update iTunes to v8.2 or installed 8.2 on a windows PC? I have one PC with VISTA and another with XP. Neither will install 8.2. On the XP machine, when I double click the .exe file, nothing happens. On the Vista, I get the following error:

"The installer encountered errors before iTunes could be configured.
Your system has not been modified. To retry these operations at a later time, please run the installer again.

Click Finish to exit the installer."

Has anyone encountered this problem? I can't sync my 3Gs unless i get the updated version of iTunes. Tnx.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm trying to update my sister's iTunes on her laptop to 8.2. Installing is taking forever. The only thing I can think of is that there's a mass rush to download and install 8.2. I had the same proble
with OS 3.0 on Wednesday.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
The download may have been corrupted. I would re-download, or d/l from another source.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I rebooted the laptop and started the download over again. This time it went smoothly and now I am rebooting after the install.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
Has anyone attempted to update iTunes to v8.2 or installed 8.2 on a windows PC? I have one PC with VISTA and another with XP. Neither will install 8.2. On the XP machine, when I double click the .exe file, nothing happens. On the Vista, I get the following error:

"The installer encountered errors before iTunes could be configured.
Your system has not been modified. To retry these operations at a later time, please run the installer again.

Click Finish to exit the installer."

Has anyone encountered this problem? I can't sync my 3Gs unless i get the updated version of iTunes. Tnx.
It worked fine for me. I may have a solution for you though: uninstall iTunes, and download 8.2 from the Apple site.

This is my 250th post. yay! :)

jeyhun77

Jun 19, 2009
Good news. I got 8.2 to install and now have everything synced with my new 3Gs. I found my co-worker was able to install 8.2 and she gave me a copy of it on a CD. Took it home and off it went. I guess there is something either with my router or ISP that caused the file to be affected that prevented it from running properly. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Good news. I got 8.2 to install and now have everything synced with my new 3Gs. I found my co-worker was able to install 8.2 and she gave me a copy of it on a CD. Took it home and off it went. I guess there is something either with my router or ISP that caused the file to be affected that prevented it from running properly. Thanks for all the suggestions.
It also could have been a firewall issue. If you have the Windows crappy Firewall active, it's entire plausible that it was blocking the installer from talking to the Apple site properly.