Cannot open SMS balloon png files...

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Can anyone else open the Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png files under:

System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

It keeps telling me the file format is invalid or unsupported. I tried opening in Photoshop and a couple other editors. If someone has the original GOOD files, can you upload them somewhere, please?

Thanks!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
If I remember back from my jailbreaking days, the format they are in wont let you open with anything. You can find the correct PNGs on the internet. There's zip files on modmyi.com and stuff that have all the original images from the iPhone. Thats what I used to make my own theme.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
If I remember back from my jailbreaking days, the format they are in wont let you open with anything. You can find the correct PNGs on the internet. There's zip files on modmyi.com and stuff that have all the original images from the iPhone. Thats what I used to make my own theme.
Yep. You're spot on. I found them on MMI. Thanks!

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Can anyone else open the Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png files under:

System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

It keeps telling me the file format is invalid or unsupported. I tried opening in Photoshop and a couple other editors. If someone has the original GOOD files, can you upload them somewhere, please?

Thanks!

FixpngWindows

http://www.4shared.com/file/49736588...ws.html?start=

Fixpngdroplet for mac

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...le=os-x&id=285

It'll convert any protected PNG file so it's viewable.

As for the SMS wallpaper. Once you create it name it SMSBackground.png and put it in your theme folder of Winterboard. It'll apply when you respring.

Same thing can be done with the SMS bubbles you want to use. Just name them Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png and put them in the theme folder.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
FixpngWindows

http://www.4shared.com/file/49736588...ws.html?start=

Fixpngdroplet for mac

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...le=os-x&id=285

It'll convert any protected PNG file so it's viewable.

As for the SMS wallpaper. Once you create it name it SMSBackground.png and put it in your theme folder of Winterboard. It'll apply when you respring.

Same thing can be done with the SMS bubbles you want to use. Just name them Balloon_1.png and Balloon_2.png and put them in the theme folder.
What if I have Winterboard installed but I am NOT using a theme. I want to keep the stock theme. How can this be achieved?

Thanks!

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
What if I have Winterboard installed but I am NOT using a theme. I want to keep the stock theme. How can this be achieved?

Thanks!
I would imagine if would work if, you put your custom files into a folder and dropped them into the Winterboard theme folder. Then applying it. I would try it (but Winterboard isn't working for the 3GS right now)

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I would imagine if would work if, you put your custom files into a folder and dropped them into the Winterboard theme folder. Then applying it. I would try it (but Winterboard isn't working for the 3GS right now)
Thanks I tried this and it does not appear to work on the 3.0 OS. I'll guess I'll wait to see if someone figures it out (it appears SMS themes from Cydia do not work either).

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Thanks I tried this and it does not appear to work on the 3.0 OS. I'll guess I'll wait to see if someone figures it out (it appears SMS themes from Cydia do not work either).
That's a bummer. Guess we'll have to wait for Saurik to update Winterboard.

Mojorisen

Bronze
Jun 29, 2009
NC
Has anyone tried this since Winterboard was updated for 3.0 fw?