Cannot open SMS text?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
When I tap on SMS text on the phone it opens as if fine but stays there for about 7 or 8 seconds and then goes back to the main screen. Messages are coming in but I cannot open it. Any idea? See pictures

pic 1: Main menu showing the SMS icon with 5 messages in it
pic 2: this is what it looks like when you tap the SMS icon. This is where it stays for 7 or 8 seconds and then goes back to the main screen on its own?

PS I have used the SMS.app files in my wifes phone and copied them to my phone via WIN SCP but still nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
When I tap on SMS text on the phone it opens as if fine but stays there for about 7 or 8 seconds and then goes back to the main screen. Messages are coming in but I cannot open it. Any idea? See pictures

pic 2: this is what it looks like when you tap the SMS icon. This is where it stays for 7 or 8 seconds and then goes back to the main screen on its own?

PS I have used the SMS.app files in my wifes phone and copied them to my phone via WIN SCP but still nothing. Any help is appreciated.
u may try to resetting the phone. do u know how to do it right?

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
u may try to resetting the phone. do u know how to do it right?
turn iPhone off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.:laugh2::laugh2:

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
turn iPhone off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.:laugh2::laugh2:
if the iPhone not responding after reset :
  1. Reset iPhone settings. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. All your preferences are reset, but no data or media is deleted.
  2. If that doesn't work, erase all content on iPhone. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. All your preferences and other data are removed from iPhone.
  3. just restoring the phone.
hope it helps:laugh2:

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Not sure what the heck happened? I ended up doing a complete restore and having to start from scratch! I'm getting better at this however :laugh2:

if the iPhone not responding after reset :
  1. Reset iPhone settings. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. All your preferences are reset, but no data or media is deleted.
  2. If that doesn't work, erase all content on iPhone. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. All your preferences and other data are removed from iPhone.
  3. just restoring the phone.
hope it helps:laugh2:

Oct 10, 2007
same problem

Not sure what the heck happened? I ended up doing a complete restore and having to start from scratch! I'm getting better at this however :laugh2:
I had the same problem twice in a day, apparently this happens when i get some service message from someone with all junk characters (i am sure if i get the same message on nokia, there would not be a crash). before i even figure out who sent the message, just clicking on open is enough to kill the text app.

Second time i pressed dismiss but still it did the damage, had to reset all data, there must be a way around it without losing data...please help...thanks in advance

stevenbu

Oct 11, 2007
again i got some sms from :#P and filled with garbage characters....reset again....crap...this is getting annoying....
Dear All ,
I experienced the junks sms myself , until now , I haven't done anything
to restore it yet , sorry , but this weird things happened since i install download the installer.app .....
anyone feel the same ?
anyone have any clue except reset everything ?
thanks guys

Oct 10, 2007
Dear All ,
I experienced the junks sms myself , until now , I haven't done anything
to restore it yet , sorry , but this weird things happened since i install download the installer.app .....
anyone feel the same ?
anyone have any clue except reset everything ?
thanks guys
hi there,

no i guess not, i have been using the phone for a while and installer.app was installed as like one of the first programs..there has to be other reason.....

Lithium

Nov 26, 2007
hi there,

no i guess not, i have been using the phone for a while and installer.app was installed as like one of the first programs..there has to be other reason.....

Hi. I've had this trouble too. Three times in the last week. I've spoken to the Vodafone help desk and there is nothing they can do unless they have the phone number from the destination. Really annoying, but this is how you can get rid of it (until you get txt'd again.)
Use iBrick to log into your phone. Navigate to /var/root/Library/SMS/sms.db
Delete sms.db, then switch off your phone, then back on again. You will lose all of your old txt messages, but at least your sms service will be working again. I might try my sim in a different phone for a week or so and see if i get the txt again, and if so, if i can get some details. I'll let you know if i have any results.

samba007

Jun 17, 2008
Text message not opning

Hi,

i'm also facing the same problem.

Please let me know how did u resolved it.I'm also not able to call the keyboard option from my text message screen .

Thanks