Cannot remove sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by kate adams, Jun 20, 2013.

1. kate adams

kate adams New Member

Hello everyone,

First of all, this is my first post ever, so please go easy on me. Thanks : -)

I currently have a sn0wbreeze tethered jailbreak running on iPhone 4 iOS6.0.1...and would now like to have the Evasi0n untethered jailbreak. However, my attempts at restoring completely or throwing away the sn0wbreeze tethered JB fail miserably.

I get iTunes error (sometimes 11, 21, 1601, 1602, 1013 or 3194). I tried several things - used redsnow, tinyumbrella...saved my SHSH blobs too...done everything really but still no go. My SHSH blob is verified but whenever I tried to use it with Redsnow for a restore it gives an error again! I edited my host file too. I tried lots of things from any help I could read on forums, and even youtube videos too.

And oh my Cydia isn't working fine, as in when I search for Evasi0n (or any other app) package it won't load anything, so I can't install that either.

If only my tethered JB was a redsnow one (instead of the sn0wbreeze) it would have been easily upgraded to an Untethered one, but I suppose sn0wbreeze operates differently so am in real trouble. I have been trying to fix this for a week now.

If I just restored it without the shift+restore and do the default/automatic restore then it would have been successfuly restored BUT that would mean it would automatically upgrade to ioS 6.1.3 (which isn't an Untethered JB), right?. I tried to snitch/customise on redsnow but still no go.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you very much.

P.S A detailed instruction will be really appreciated.

Device: iPhone 4; version 6.0.1 (BB 04.12.02); iTunes version 11; OS -windows 7

Regards,
    Kate

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Since you started with Sn0wbreeze keep using iH8sn0w tools.....download and run iFaith to create a custom firmware...

I used iFaith to build a custom firmware(iOS6.1.2)/jailbreak.....
    Allowing me to downgrade from 6.1.3....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. kate adams

kate adams New Member

Hi fijiman,

Thanks for your reply.

If I build a custom firmware with iFaith/Sn0wbreeze, how can I have the Evasion Untethered JB then? I want a hassle-free Untethered JB now. Is there any way?

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Can't get anymore hassle free than a custom firmware....as the firmware (if installed correctly ) will also jailbreak you iPhone in the process....the evasi0n jailbreak is built in..make sure you run the latest iFaith that comes bundled with sn0wbreeze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. kate adams

kate adams New Member

Hi fijiman,

I tried again with the latest Sn0wbreeze (2.9.14), but still get the ever-so-hateful iTunes error 3194. iFaith verified my SHSH blobs and everything. I just don't know why it isn't happening for me.

Frustrating to say the least. I give up, sigh!

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You need to fix your hosts file. Make sure it's redirecting to Cydia. It sounds like it's still pointing to Apple.

7. kate adams

kate adams New Member

How do I fix my host file?

I did try lots of things. Sometimes I add/delete such lines (obviously not all at once) And when I check gs.apple.com it directs me to Apple sometimes, sometimes cydia:
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    # gs.apple.com
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    # 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    # 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    # 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Which one's the correct one?

Cheers!

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This one needs to have the pound sign removed:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

You have a duplicate, so remove it from both of them or delete the duplicate line and then save the file.

9. kate adams

kate adams New Member

Thank you, Europa. Before I could try that...

GOOD NEWS!

I reinstalled my Cydia, and then added Evasi0n and now it's fully Untethered! Ooh la la!

I deserve some sleep now...after all the iTunes error, customising/stitching IPSW and stuff, it's just merely a corrupted Cydia reinstallation that rescued me! WOOHOO!*thumps chest* : -)

So then what JB do I have now - Sn0wbreeze or Evasi0n? lol

Also, one last question, if I want to upgrade now to say..6.1.2 now (currently 6.0.1) do I need to do the Snowbreeze custom IPSW or can I just directly install the firmware?

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Mucho appreciated!

10. kate adams

kate adams New Member

The reason for wanting an iOS upgrade is that my iPhone 'search' (not Cydia's one) isn't working and there are other few issues with some apps, so I really want to update/upgrade my iOS.

However, I don't have 6.1.2 blobs (or anything higher than my current one, for that matter) so it can't be done, right? Or is there anything I can do?

Cheers!

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's the sn0wbreeze jailbreak with the evasi0n untether.

You can't update to 6.1.2.